Qatar Airways Flying to Atlanta, Boston and LAX in 2016
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qatar Airways already operates flights to several major American airports, including Chicago O’Hare, Miami and New York (JFK), and today it’s announced three additional routes. Starting in 2016, you’ll be able to fly to Doha (and beyond) from Atlanta, Boston and Los Angeles. The airline is also adding a second daily flight from JFK.
The first of the three new routes to launch will be Doha to LAX, which is slated to begin on January 1 using the airline’s former flagship, the Boeing 777, with a two-class cabin (including 42 business class seats in a cozy 2-2-2 configuration). On March 16, 2016, Qatar will become the first airline to fly the Airbus A350 XWB to the US when it launches Doha to Boston. (Qatar’s A350 is configured with two classes of service, including 36 1-2-1 business class seats.) Finally, daily flights to Atlanta will kick off on July 1, 2016, and as with the just-announced LAX-to-Doha route, Qatar’s flying the 777 on this route.
In addition to the three new routes outlined above, Qatar plans to add a second daily flight to New York beginning March 1, 2016. Currently, Qatar’s daily flight from Doha to JFK operates with a 777, but the upcoming additional flight will add the A350 to the mix.
Unfortunately there aren’t any plans to bring the A380 to the US just yet — if you’re looking to fly that super-jumbo, you’ll need to look to routes outside the US, such as Doha to London and Doha to Bangkok.
Qatar’s a member of Oneworld, so you can book flights on all of these routes (and more) by redeeming American AAdvantage miles. A one-way flight between the US and the Middle East will run you 45,000 miles in economy, 67,500 miles in business or 90,000 miles in first class.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.