Qatar Airways Flying to Atlanta, Boston and LAX in 2016
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qatar Airways already operates flights to several major American airports, including Chicago O’Hare, Miami and New York (JFK), and today it’s announced three additional routes. Starting in 2016, you’ll be able to fly to Doha (and beyond) from Atlanta, Boston and Los Angeles. The airline is also adding a second daily flight from JFK.
The first of the three new routes to launch will be Doha to LAX, which is slated to begin on January 1 using the airline’s former flagship, the Boeing 777, with a two-class cabin (including 42 business class seats in a cozy 2-2-2 configuration). On March 16, 2016, Qatar will become the first airline to fly the Airbus A350 XWB to the US when it launches Doha to Boston. (Qatar’s A350 is configured with two classes of service, including 36 1-2-1 business class seats.) Finally, daily flights to Atlanta will kick off on July 1, 2016, and as with the just-announced LAX-to-Doha route, Qatar’s flying the 777 on this route.
In addition to the three new routes outlined above, Qatar plans to add a second daily flight to New York beginning March 1, 2016. Currently, Qatar’s daily flight from Doha to JFK operates with a 777, but the upcoming additional flight will add the A350 to the mix.
Unfortunately there aren’t any plans to bring the A380 to the US just yet — if you’re looking to fly that super-jumbo, you’ll need to look to routes outside the US, such as Doha to London and Doha to Bangkok.
Qatar’s a member of Oneworld, so you can book flights on all of these routes (and more) by redeeming American AAdvantage miles. A one-way flight between the US and the Middle East will run you 45,000 miles in economy, 67,500 miles in business or 90,000 miles in first class.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.