New Singapore A380 Suites and Business Class Coming in 2017
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore Airlines introduced a new premium-economy seat this week, but perhaps the biggest news is that the carrier’s premium-class products are about to get an overhaul. As the launch partner for the Airbus A380, Singapore first began flying its industry-leading Suites first-class seat in 2007. The airline currently flies its A380 to 14 destinations, ranging from Hong Kong (a four-hour flight) to London (a bit over 13 hours).
When it launched in 2007, Singapore’s first class was the best in the skies — and it’s still an aspirational redemption — but with Emirates’ first-class shower and business-class bar, and Etihad’s incredible new Residence and Apartment on its A380, there’s a lot of competition when it comes to ultimate luxury at 35,000 feet. Fortunately, Singapore has a significant overhaul in the works.
In 2017, on the 10-year anniversary of its A380 service, Singapore is expected to roll out its updated first and business-class seats, timed to coincide with the launch of the airline’s next batch of A380s. In a conversation with Australian Business Traveler, a Singapore executive said that while the updated A380 design might not include showers, “exclusivity, privacy and comfort” will be a priority. Considering that the airline’s current seats are still among the best, it’s clear that expectations are high.
For more on Singapore’s first-class service:
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees