Free Delta Silver Status, New Disney Cruise and Southwest Routes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s a round-up of the week’s points, miles and travel industry news you may have missed:
Disney Cruises Announces New Sailings for 2016
Disney Cruises will sail to the Bahamas and Canada from New York starting in 2016. The cruise line will also offer new route options from Miami and Galveston, including Miami to the Eastern and Western Caribbean and Galveston to the Bahamas and Cozumel. Bookings and more information for the new routes are available here.
Get Two Months of Delta Silver Status for Free
If you receive an invitation from Delta, you can obtain two months of Silver Medallion elite status simply by registering here by May 30, 2015. Perks include:
- Complimentary Delta Comfort+ within 24 hours of departure
- Complimentary preferred seats
- Unlimited complimentary upgrades
- Waived baggage fees
If you book and fly two qualifying round-trip flights within two months of enrolling, you can keep the Silver status until 2016 and earn 5,000 bonus Skymiles.
Alitalia Will Be Ending Its KLM/Air France Partnership
Alitalia will not be renewing its partnership with KLM/Air France in January of 2017. The Air France-KLM/Alitalia partnership handles passenger services between France, Italy, the Netherlands and more, plus some of the marketing, sales and distribution. Now that Etihad has a 49% stake in Alitalia, the airline has been reinventing itself and it no longer seems to align correctly with the Air France/KLM partnership. It’s still unclear if there will be implications for Alitalia’s SkyTeam membership.
Southwest Adds Nonstop Albany-Denver Flight for Summer
Southwest will be adding a nonstop summer route between Albany (ALB) and Denver (DEN) on Saturdays from June 13 to August 8, 2015. The Albany airport officials are hoping that this route will attract enough customers to continue flying it permanently. Southwest has been flying out of Albany for the past 15 years with 13 daily departures out of ALB, six of them nonstop flights.
Delta Creates a New Internet-Inspired Safety Video
Fans of internet pop culture will love Delta’s new safety video, entitled The Internetest Safety Video On The Internet. The video explains all the safety procedures while simultaneously paying homage to all the crazy viral internet videos, from the ice-bucket challenge to the Harlem Shake. Props to Delta for making a safety video that really holds the attention of the passengers — although frequent travelers might not love it after the first few showings.
Earn/Redeem Business Extra Points on British Airways and Iberia
As of May 20, 2015, you can earn and redeem Business Extra points on British Airways and Iberia (even when purchased directly from each carrier). You can also earn points for tickets marketed by American Airlines on Finnair, Japan Airlines and Qantas.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees