This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express, Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express
Starwood has updated its welcome bonus offer for the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express. You’ll now receive 25,000 bonus Starpoints after spending $3,000 within the first three months of getting this card, with a waived annual fee the first year.
Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express
Per my recent valuations of points and miles, I rate Starpoints at 2.4 cents each, meaning these 25,000 Starpoints are worth about $600. The great thing with Starpoints is that you can transfer to a slew of airline partners, and when you transfer 20,000 Starpoints, you receive a 5,000-point bonus. So if you were to transfer these 25,000 Starpoints to American, you’d actually end up 30,000 AAdvantage miles.
Another great perk with the SPG Amex is the opportunity to earn SPG Gold status after spending $30,000 on the card within a calendar year. SPG Gold benefits include 4pm checkout, enhanced guest rooms and a choice of welcome amenity (options include bonus Starpoints, premium internet access and a complimentary beverage).
If you’re looking to earn SPG Platinum status, this card offers 2 stay and 5 night credits per year as well, which will get you started toward the required 25 stays or 50 nights required for SPG Platinum status.
You can earn even more stay or night credits toward Platinum by adding the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express as well, since you would earn an additional 2 stays and 5 nights with this card. This card’s welcome bonus is 25,000 after spending $5,000 within the first three months, with a waived annual fee the first year.
If you have any questions about the SPG Amex card, feel free to comment below.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards