Saving 21.5% on Uber Rides with Capital One Quicksilver
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
We’ve seen a lot of Uber brand promos, from SPG to E!’s The Royals, bringing a bit more value to what’s already a pretty good deal in many cities. But by far the most lucrative partnership — for riders, at least — is with Capital One. If you have a Capital One Quicksilver card, you can score 20% off all Uber rides through April 30, 2016, in addition to the 1.5% cash back you get on all Quicksilver purchases, bringing your effective rebate to 21.5%.
I signed up for the card and charged my first ride, and sure enough the 1.5% cash back credit appeared almost immediately, followed a few days later by a 20% rebate. Since you can apply any amount of cash back to existing purchases, I was able to deduct that amount (just 26 cents, in this case) from my first purchase on the card: an UberX ride between Manhattan and Brooklyn.
If you haven’t already tried Uber, you’re in luck. For a limited time, Uber is also offering two free rides (worth up to $30 per ride) to all eligible Capital One cardholders who register using the coupon code CAPITALONE by June 30, 2015. If you don’t already have a Quicksilver card, you can save 20% on Uber rides by signing up for (and charging your rides to) the Capital One Quicksilver (which also comes along with a $100 cash bonus after spending $500 in the first three months) or the Capital One QuicksilverOne.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.