This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
We’ve seen a lot of Uber brand promos, from SPG to E!’s The Royals, bringing a bit more value to what’s already a pretty good deal in many cities. But by far the most lucrative partnership — for riders, at least — is with Capital One. If you have a Capital One Quicksilver card, you can score 20% off all Uber rides through April 30, 2016, in addition to the 1.5% cash back you get on all Quicksilver purchases, bringing your effective rebate to 21.5%.
I signed up for the card and charged my first ride, and sure enough the 1.5% cash back credit appeared almost immediately, followed a few days later by a 20% rebate. Since you can apply any amount of cash back to existing purchases, I was able to deduct that amount (just 26 cents, in this case) from my first purchase on the card: an UberX ride between Manhattan and Brooklyn.
If you haven’t already tried Uber, you’re in luck. For a limited time, Uber is also offering two free rides (worth up to $30 per ride) to all eligible Capital One cardholders who register using the coupon code CAPITALONE by June 30, 2015. If you don’t already have a Quicksilver card, you can save 20% on Uber rides by signing up for (and charging your rides to) the Capital One Quicksilver (which also comes along with a $100 cash bonus after spending $500 in the first three months) or the Capital One QuicksilverOne.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Earn unlimited 10x miles on hotel stays booked and paid through hotels.com/venture. Pair that with the Hotels.com Rewards program and you'll essentially be getting 20% off of hotel bookings! With the 50,000 mile sign-up bonus you can get up to $700 in value based on TPG's most recent valuations and you'll have the flexibility to transfer those miles to participating airline partners or redeem those miles on any purchase for airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and more.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that