Saving 21.5% on Uber Rides with Capital One Quicksilver
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
We’ve seen a lot of Uber brand promos, from SPG to E!’s The Royals, bringing a bit more value to what’s already a pretty good deal in many cities. But by far the most lucrative partnership — for riders, at least — is with Capital One. If you have a Capital One Quicksilver card, you can score 20% off all Uber rides through April 30, 2016, in addition to the 1.5% cash back you get on all Quicksilver purchases, bringing your effective rebate to 21.5%.
I signed up for the card and charged my first ride, and sure enough the 1.5% cash back credit appeared almost immediately, followed a few days later by a 20% rebate. Since you can apply any amount of cash back to existing purchases, I was able to deduct that amount (just 26 cents, in this case) from my first purchase on the card: an UberX ride between Manhattan and Brooklyn.
If you haven’t already tried Uber, you’re in luck. For a limited time, Uber is also offering two free rides (worth up to $30 per ride) to all eligible Capital One cardholders who register using the coupon code CAPITALONE by June 30, 2015. If you don’t already have a Quicksilver card, you can save 20% on Uber rides by signing up for (and charging your rides to) the Capital One Quicksilver (which also comes along with a $100 cash bonus after spending $500 in the first three months) or the Capital One QuicksilverOne.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.