Saving 21.5% on Uber Rides with Capital One Quicksilver
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
We’ve seen a lot of Uber brand promos, from SPG to E!’s The Royals, bringing a bit more value to what’s already a pretty good deal in many cities. But by far the most lucrative partnership — for riders, at least — is with Capital One. If you have a Capital One Quicksilver card, you can score 20% off all Uber rides through April 30, 2016, in addition to the 1.5% cash back you get on all Quicksilver purchases, bringing your effective rebate to 21.5%.
I signed up for the card and charged my first ride, and sure enough the 1.5% cash back credit appeared almost immediately, followed a few days later by a 20% rebate. Since you can apply any amount of cash back to existing purchases, I was able to deduct that amount (just 26 cents, in this case) from my first purchase on the card: an UberX ride between Manhattan and Brooklyn.
If you haven’t already tried Uber, you’re in luck. For a limited time, Uber is also offering two free rides (worth up to $30 per ride) to all eligible Capital One cardholders who register using the coupon code CAPITALONE by June 30, 2015. If you don’t already have a Quicksilver card, you can save 20% on Uber rides by signing up for (and charging your rides to) the Capital One Quicksilver (which also comes along with a $100 cash bonus after spending $500 in the first three months) or the Capital One QuicksilverOne.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee