Can I Get Amex Fine Hotels Benefits for Multiple Rooms?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
TPG reader Ben tweeted me to ask about the Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts program:
@thepointsguy– “If I book multiple rooms via Amex FHR, will each room get complimentary upgrades if they’re available, or only the cardholder’s room?”
American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts is an amazing program if you know how to maximize it. If you have the The Platinum Card® from American Express card or the the Centurion card, then you have access to Amex FHR. In addition to competitive rates, benefits include:
- Room upgrade when available
- Early check-in when available
- Daily breakfast for two
- Guaranteed 4 pm late check-out
- Local amenity (usually a $100 credit)
- Free WiFi
These perks can cost a lot, especially at high-end hotels, so not only can you save a lot of money by booking through FHR, but you’ll also get benefits that you wouldn’t receive through a normal online travel agency.
The good news is that you can book up to three rooms under your account, and all rooms will qualify. I’ve done it before at the Four Seasons Toronto, where both of the rooms I booked received the benefits. It’s a great way to maximize the perks of FHR, especially if you’re traveling with a big family or group of friends. Keep in mind that you can get up to three additional cards/cardholders for your personal Amex Platinum for $175 total (See Rates & Fees), and you could probably book more rooms under additional cardholders.
Each of these cardholders can also get free acccess to Centurion Lounges, Delta Sky Club Lounges, Priority Pass Select and a statement credit for a Global Entry application. For $58.33 per person, it’s a no-brainer to add cardholders, especially when you consider programs like FHR.
For rates and fees of the Platinum Card, please click here.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees