Last Chance for the IHG Rewards Card 70,000 Points Offer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card
As a reminder, the increased 70,000-point sign-up bonus for the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card ends this Sunday, May 31, so if you’ve been thinking of getting this card, now is the time. To qualify for this offer, you must spend $1,000 within the first three months.
Aside from the points, this card comes with an annual free night certificate that you can use at any IHG property worldwide, including The Palazzo and Venetian in Las Vegas. You also get IHG Platinum Elite status, which doesn’t compare to elite status with other brands, but gets you a 50% bonus on base points earning and the potential for upgrades. The card carries a $49 annual fee, which is waived the first year
IHG award nights start at 10,000 points for Category 1 properties, and go up to 50,000 points for top-tier Category 9 properties, with plenty of options in between. 70,000 points could get you two nights at Category 6 properties such as the Intercontinental Budapest or the Holiday Inn Beachcomber Resort in Waikiki. 70,000 points would also go a long way with IHG PointBreaks, which go for 5,000 points per night, meaning you’d have enough points for 14 nights’ worth of hotel stays.
These are the published benefits for the IHG Rewards Card:
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening. This bonus offer is available to you as long as you have not received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the past 24 months.
- Earn 5 points per $1 spent when you stay at our hotels.
- Earn 2 points per $1 on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores & restaurants.
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Annual free night
- Platinum Elite status as long as you’re a Select cardmember.
- Automatic 10% points rebate.
- No foreign transaction fees when you use your card for purchases abroad.
- $0 Introductory annual fee for the first year, then $49.
For more analysis, check out Jason Steele’s recent review of the card, and for some ideas on how to use the sign-up bonus, check out these posts on 7 Great IHG hotels in the US and Incredible IHG Hotels for International Gateways.