Uber / Capital One Partnership Offers Savings and Free Rides
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Today Capital One announced a new strategic partnership with Uber that will offer cardholders an easy way to save on transportation costs. Effective immediately, the Capital One Quicksilver and Capital One QuicksilverOne cash rewards credit cards will offer cardholders 20% off Uber rides from now until April 30, 2016.
If you haven’t already tried Uber, you’re in luck. For a limited time, Uber is also offering two free rides (worth up to $30 per ride) to all eligible Capital One cardholders.
- 20% off all Uber rides from now until April 30, 2016. All you have to do is pay through the Uber app with your eligible Capital One Quicksilver card, and the discount will be applied automatically as a statement credit —no registration is required.
- First two rides free (up to $30 each) for new Uber customers (valid until April 30, 2016). Open a new account or access an existing one and use the coupon code CAPITALONE by June 30, 2015. Then pay with your eligible Capital One card. This offer is only for domestic rides, and isn’t available for UberTAXI.
Car services are revolutionizing the way we traverse cities all across the world, and Uber is at the forefront. After partnering with Starwood in February, Uber’s new partnership with Capital One continues to make one of the most convenient car services available even more affordable. The partnership looks to be a win for both parties; Quicksilver and QuicksilverOne are respectable cash back cards, but I’ll admit they’ve never really caught my eye. However, as a frequent Uber passenger, they now have my attention.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred card offers 2x points on all Uber rides, but this new agreement between Capital One and Uber easily trumps that, along with the numerous other cards that offer a bonus on travel purchases. On top of the 20% Uber discount, Quicksilver offers 1.5% cash back on all purchases and no annual fee, so if you’re looking for an everyday card, this may be a viable option.
If you’ve yet to try Uber, I highly recommend it. Depending on the time of day and location, Uber can be the cheapest and most convenient car service available, especially in areas where taxis are hard to come by. The app can be downloaded onto your smart phone, and all payments are processed directly through the app itself automatically.
What do you think of this new partnership?
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees