Travel Rewards March Madness Championship: Cast Your Votes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Today, TPG Senior Points & Miles Correspondent Nick Ewen indulges our love for crowning a champion, as he continues with the finals of the TPG Travel Rewards 2015 Tournament.
Last month, we announced the TPG Travel Rewards 2015 tournament, and over the last few weeks, thousands of TPG readers have weighed in on which travel reward is most valuable. Today, I’m excited to announce the two rewards that have earned a spot in the championship game: the Southwest Companion Pass, and Stopovers and Open Jaws!
The Companion Pass decisively took down the off-peak awards offered by American Airlines. However, Stopovers and Open Jaws on award tickets was in a dog fight with the Chase Ink Plus 5x Bonus right up to the end, barely squeaking by with a 51% majority. It’s now once again up to you to decide which of these two valuable benefits will be crowned champion!
Here’s what the updated bracket looks like:
I won’t rehash the details of these rewards, since I’ve already covered both of them in depth in the previous posts:
Instead, I will simply open up voting to TPG readers. Vote in the poll below to tell us which reward is most valuable to you!
Southwest Companion Pass vs. Stopovers & Open Jaws
Voting for the last round will only be open until Monday, which coincides with the NCAA men’s basketball tournament championship. On Tuesday, I’ll wrap-up the series and officially crown the winner of the TPG Travel Rewards Tournament. I’ll also share some of my general thoughts on the tournament, including the results I found surprising.
I’d also like to thank those of you who cast a vote for the championship (or in any of the rounds of the tournament). It has been fascinating to see which benefits and programs TPG readers hold in high regard, so I appreciate you taking the time to read and weigh in on the match-ups.
Cast your votes, and check back in on Tuesday to see who wins!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees