Travel Rewards March Madness Championship: Cast Your Votes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Today, TPG Senior Points & Miles Correspondent Nick Ewen indulges our love for crowning a champion, as he continues with the finals of the TPG Travel Rewards 2015 Tournament.
Last month, we announced the TPG Travel Rewards 2015 tournament, and over the last few weeks, thousands of TPG readers have weighed in on which travel reward is most valuable. Today, I’m excited to announce the two rewards that have earned a spot in the championship game: the Southwest Companion Pass, and Stopovers and Open Jaws!
The Companion Pass decisively took down the off-peak awards offered by American Airlines. However, Stopovers and Open Jaws on award tickets was in a dog fight with the Chase Ink Plus 5x Bonus right up to the end, barely squeaking by with a 51% majority. It’s now once again up to you to decide which of these two valuable benefits will be crowned champion!
Here’s what the updated bracket looks like:
I won’t rehash the details of these rewards, since I’ve already covered both of them in depth in the previous posts:
Instead, I will simply open up voting to TPG readers. Vote in the poll below to tell us which reward is most valuable to you!
Southwest Companion Pass vs. Stopovers & Open Jaws
Voting for the last round will only be open until Monday, which coincides with the NCAA men’s basketball tournament championship. On Tuesday, I’ll wrap-up the series and officially crown the winner of the TPG Travel Rewards Tournament. I’ll also share some of my general thoughts on the tournament, including the results I found surprising.
I’d also like to thank those of you who cast a vote for the championship (or in any of the rounds of the tournament). It has been fascinating to see which benefits and programs TPG readers hold in high regard, so I appreciate you taking the time to read and weigh in on the match-ups.
Cast your votes, and check back in on Tuesday to see who wins!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.