Kardashian Kard Offers Novel Way to Earn Travel Rewards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Some of the best ways to earn travel rewards are through sign-up bonuses and savvy spending on co-branded credit cards. There are cards you get to maximize your earnings in certain spending categories, while others shine by offering specific perks like discounts or elite status. And then there are cards you get for the most important reason of all: because they’re fashionable.
The Kardashian Kard certainly hits that mark, and could redefine how award travel enthusiasts think about the points and miles they earn. Much like the family the card is named for, what it lacks in usefulness, it makes up for with brazen theatrics.
Current Sign-up Bonus: Shame.
Benefits: Earn 3X disapproving looks per occasion that you show your card in a public place, and 1X looks of bemusement from cashiers each time you swipe it. As a cardholder, you’ll get Award Travel Failure status among your more savvy friends, and you can upgrade that to Financial Clown status simply by failing to acknowledge that getting the card was a mistake in the first place. The card also generously comes with no activation fee, and no point of sale fee for either signature or pin-based transactions.
Annual Fee: $99.95 purchase fee for the first 12 months, plus $7.95 monthly fee thereafter. Other fees apply.
Reasons to get it: Much like a black hole, this card has it all. Not only does it wield the distinguished Kardashian name, but also it depicts several members of the family on its face, so you can carry them with you like a money-gobbling Tamagotchi everywhere you go. What more reason do you need?
What impresses me most about the Kardashian Kard is how easily you can earn your way to premium travel—like first and business class flights, or nights at top hotels. Most other travel rewards cards muddle the process by forcing you to earn and redeem points or miles, but with this card (or should I say Kard), each dollar you spend on the card is worth one dollar toward whatever you’re buying. For example, this Delta itinerary shows business class flights from New York to Los Angeles for just over $3,400 round-trip.
All you’d have to do is spend about $3,400 on the card by paying for your ticket, and then you could relax in true Kardashian style on a non-stop transcon. If you’re lucky enough to be on the same flight as one of the Kardashians, you might even be the beneficiary of an inadvertent security breach, which would give you extra time to snap photos and ask for an autograph.
The Kardashian Kard is currently not accepting new applications, but I’ll be keeping an eye out for it, and will be sure to let you know the moment it becomes available.
Until then, please share your thoughts on the Kardashian Kard, and have a great April 1st!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.