This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard, CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard
Online shopping portals are a fast and simple way to boost your points and miles when shopping online. Sometimes, portals offer spending bonuses that provide an even better return. Through April 29, 2015, you can earn up to 2,250 American Airlines miles by shopping through the AAdvantage eShopping portal.
- Receive 250 bonus miles when you spend between $125-299
- Receive 1,000 bonus miles when you spend between $300-$699
- Receive 2,250 bonus miles when you spend $700 or more
You can only earn the bonus once during the promotional period; however, your spending will be cumulative between all your qualifying purchases, so you don’t need to earn the bonus all at once. Any bonus is in addition to the miles you earn for your spending through the portal. Bonus miles will post roughly 8-10 weeks after completing your purchase. Note that gift card purchases and certain products are ineligible for this promotion.
This offer is a simple way to gain even more value out of shopping through the AAdvantage eShopping portal. In my most recent monthly valuations, I list AAdvantage miles at 1.7 cents apiece, so the maximum bonus of 2,250 miles is worth about $38. That’s not a bad deal for simply making your purchases online.
Again, shopping portals are near the top of the list of easiest ways to earn points and miles. In fact, I list shopping online as Step Six in my Beginner’s Guide. If you don’t already shop through the numerous online shopping portals, I strongly recommend you take a look into doing so, especially if you’re a frequent online shopper. If not, you’re leaving money on the table.
If you’re looking to accrue a larger number of American Airlines miles quickly, check out the Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard and the CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard. The two cards topped my list of best credit card offers last month thanks to the hefty sign-up bonus of 50,000 miles after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months of cardmembership. The sign-up bonus on this card typically doesn’t exceed that mark, so if you’re interested, I wouldn’t hold out for a better offer.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards