This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard, CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard
Online shopping portals are a fast and simple way to boost your points and miles when shopping online. Sometimes, portals offer spending bonuses that provide an even better return. Through April 29, 2015, you can earn up to 2,250 American Airlines miles by shopping through the AAdvantage eShopping portal.
- Receive 250 bonus miles when you spend between $125-299
- Receive 1,000 bonus miles when you spend between $300-$699
- Receive 2,250 bonus miles when you spend $700 or more
You can only earn the bonus once during the promotional period; however, your spending will be cumulative between all your qualifying purchases, so you don’t need to earn the bonus all at once. Any bonus is in addition to the miles you earn for your spending through the portal. Bonus miles will post roughly 8-10 weeks after completing your purchase. Note that gift card purchases and certain products are ineligible for this promotion.
This offer is a simple way to gain even more value out of shopping through the AAdvantage eShopping portal. In my most recent monthly valuations, I list AAdvantage miles at 1.7 cents apiece, so the maximum bonus of 2,250 miles is worth about $38. That’s not a bad deal for simply making your purchases online.
Again, shopping portals are near the top of the list of easiest ways to earn points and miles. In fact, I list shopping online as Step Six in my Beginner’s Guide. If you don’t already shop through the numerous online shopping portals, I strongly recommend you take a look into doing so, especially if you’re a frequent online shopper. If not, you’re leaving money on the table.
If you’re looking to accrue a larger number of American Airlines miles quickly, check out the Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard and the CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard. The two cards topped my list of best credit card offers last month thanks to the hefty sign-up bonus of 50,000 miles after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months of cardmembership. The sign-up bonus on this card typically doesn’t exceed that mark, so if you’re interested, I wouldn’t hold out for a better offer.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees