Changes to Lounge Club Program for Chase Ink Customers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Chase just sent a letter to Chase Ink cardholders informing them of upcoming changes to the Lounge Club program. Currently, new Chase Ink customers receive 2 complimentary passes to airport lounges through the Lounge Club program; however, this benefit will be discontinued effective April 30, 2015.
If you’re currently a Chase Ink customer — including the Ink Plus Business Card, Ink Bold and Ink Classic — and haven’t already signed up for this benefit, you can still do so through April 30, 2015 by heading to this site and entering the invitation code chaseink. You’ll receive two complimentary visits with your membership, and will then be charged $27 per additional visit after that.
Chase doesn’t own or operate lounges itself, but instead contract with lounges in airports throughout the world to provide access to members. In some cases, these are lounges operated by airports or third parties, and in others, the lounges are run by airlines themselves. Lounge Club offers access to over 350 airport lounges in dozens of countries.
For example, the Alaska Airlines Board Rooms in airports such as Anchorage, Seattle, and Portland are part of the Lounge Club network, while members receive access to third party lounges in airports like Raleigh-Durham and Dallas-Fort Worth.
As Chase is removing the Lounge Club benefit, American Express is building more Centurion Lounges for those with The Platinum Card® from American Express, the Business Platinum® Card from American Express, and other Amex cards. Naturally I’d rather have the Lounge Club benefit than not, but I don’t think it’s a big loss. Hopefully Chase is pursuing other ways to provide lounge access to its cardholders.
What’s your favorite Lounge Club that you’ve been to?
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees