Air France KLM 50% off Flying Blue Promo Awards for May-June
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Flying Blue, the mileage program of SkyTeam partners Air France, KLM and Air Europa, offers Promo Awards each month that enable you to book award flights for as little as half of the miles normally needed on some routes and in certain cabins. The list of awards you can book between now and March 31, 2015 for travel May 1 to June 30, 2015 is now up on the Flying Blue Promo Awards page.
Note that even though Air France is a Delta Air Lines partner, you can’t book these awards with Delta SkyMiles.
The current award list for travel between May 1- June 30, 2015 includes:
- Dallas to Europe on Air France: 25% off business class — 46,875 miles each way, 93,750 round-trip
- Edmonton to Europe on KLM: 50% off business class — 31,250 miles each way, 62,500 round-trip
- Mexico City to Europe on KLM: 25% off economy class — 18,750 miles each way, 37,500 round-trip
- Montreal to Europe on KLM: 25% off business class — 46,875 miles each way, 93,750 miles round-trip
- Toronto to Europe on KLM: 25% off business class — 46,875 miles each way, 93,750 miles round-trip
While these aren’t as exciting as some of the previous Air France Promo awards (which included 50% off business class from several cities in the US), there are still some savings to be had here with the 25% off business flights from Dallas to Europe for 46,875 miles each way, or even the 25% off economy redemptions from Mexico City to Europe for 18,750 miles each way.
Topping Up Your Flying Blue Account
If you want to take advantage of the new promo awards but you don’t have enough (or any) Flying Blue miles, there are a few ways you can quickly get ahold of them.
Flying Blue is an instant 1:1 transfer partner of Amex Membership Rewards, the loyalty program of travel rewards cards like the Amex Everyday Preferred Card and The Platinum Card® from American Express. The Platinum card currently offers a welcome bonus of 60,000 points after you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months (with an annual fee of $550)(See Rates & Fees) and Everyday Preferred offers 15,000 points when you spend $1,000 in the first 90 days (with an annual fee of $95).
Flying Blue is also a 1:1 transfer partner of Starwood Preferred Guest, which offers a 5,000-mile bonus on transfers of 20,000 points (though note that SPG transfers can take a few days). The current bonus for the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express (and the business version, the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express) is 25,000 points when you spend $3,000, (personal card), and $5,000 (business card) in the first 3 months.
Additionally, Flying Blue is a 1:1 transfer partner of Citi ThankYou Rewards, which allows you to transfer points to airline partners if you have the Citi Premier Card or Citi Prestige Card. The Citi Premier comes with a sign-up bonus of 50,000 ThankYou points: 20,000 after you spend $2,000 in the first three months, and another 30,000 after you spend $3,000 in the first three months of the second year of cardmembership. The annual fee of $125 is waived for the first year.
Do you plan to book any of these Flying Blue Promo awards?
For rates and fees of the Platinum Card, please click here.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees