This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Etihad has announced that it will offer complimentary Etihad Guest Gold status to elite travelers enrolled in other airline’s loyalty programs. In order to qualify for the offer, you must hold Gold status or higher on any other airline worldwide.
Status match promotions have become family common with the increased competition among airline carriers, and travelers globally are benefiting heavily from such programs. TPG COO Leigh Rowan recently detailed how he attained platinum status through the AAdvantage platinum status challenge even though he hadn’t stepped on an American Airlines plane in over a year. Although not advertised, Etihad’s fiercest competitor Emirates also offers a status match, which could very well have been the deciding factor in introducing this offer.
Benefits of Etihad Guest Gold Status:
- Bonus miles: Earn 50% additional Etihad Guest miles for every flight you take on Etihad Airways.
- Extra baggage allowance: Enjoy 15 kilos additional baggage allowance on all applicable flights.
- Enhanced lounge access: You and a guest can enjoy Etihad’s luxurious Business Class Lounges before you fly across the airline’s network.
- Guaranteed seats: If you book at least 24 hours in advance, Etihad will guarantee you an Economy Class seat on an Etihad Airways flight of your choice — even if the flight is fully booked.
- Fast-track access: Upon arrival at your destination, skip the queue at border control to enjoy a speedy exit.
How to Submit Your Status Match Request
- Existing Etihad Guest members: Send Etihad a scanned copy of your Gold card with another airline loyalty program and a copy of your latest miles statement along with your Etihad Guest membership number to EYGCorporate@etihad.ae
- Non-members Send Etihad a scanned copy of your Gold card with another airline loyalty program, and a copy of your latest miles statement along with your full name, email ID, date of birth, physical address and telephone number to EYGCorporate@etihad.ae
For all travelers holding gold status or higher with another airline, I suggest giving this offer a shot. If you were lucky enough to book one of Etihad’s amazing fares back in December and hold qualifying status elsewhere, I would jump on this opportunity immediately. Not only will you be traveling at a rock-bottom fare, but also you’ll be granted access to Etihad’s luxurious lounges.
If you’re looking to travel from the US to destinations in Africa and the Middle East, Etihad is a great option. Apart from high quality service, this ME3 carrier offers some of the lowest fares to be had on certain routes in the region, and endless connection opportunities via the Abu Dhabi hub.
If you take advantage of this offer, please share your results in the comments below, including how quickly your status is matched and what you plan to do with it!
If you are a Delta flyer who is looking to bank some extra miles this card is a great addition for your wallet. While you'll earn 2 miles per dollar on Delta purchases and 1 mile per dollar on everything else, you'll also have access to other perks like priority boarding, a first bag checked free and discounted Delta Sky Club access.
- Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $2,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Earn 2 miles for every dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta.
- Earn one mile for every eligible dollar you spend on purchases.
- Check your first bag free on Delta flights - that's a savings of up to $240 per round trip for a family of four.
- Settle into your seat sooner with Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.