This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
Frontier Airlines is having a one day sale today with flights starting at $19 (up to $49) from Atlanta, Georgia to several of their cities including Austin, TX; Chicago-O’Hare; Cincinnati, OH; Denver, CO; Indianapolis, IN, Las Vegas, NV; Los Angeles, CA; Miami, FL; Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN; New Orleans, LA; New York-La Guardia; Orlando, FL; and Washington-Dulles, DC for for select dates this spring.
If you are interested in scoring any of these fares for $19, be sure to book sooner than later because during the past several sales that Frontier has offered, the fares usually sell out rather quickly.
Tickets must be purchased by 11:59 pm Eastern time on Feb. 24, 2015 for domestic, nonstop travel on: Apr. 30, 2015, May 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 27, 2015. If you are looking for a quick getaway, you might want to take a look at some of these deals.
While Frontier may not be a part of a major alliance and these cheap flights won’t help towards any major elite status, you can still bank extra credit card points by using a card that maximizes airfare purchases, like 3x on airfare with the American Express Premier Rewards Gold or 2x on the Chase Sapphire Preferred. Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Report your success if you can actually snag any of these!
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.