Day Room at the Crowne Plaza Changi Airport in Singapore
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
After our relaxing time at the Park Hyatt Maldives, it was time to start the long journey home. Our route home took us to Male, then Singapore, then Taipei, then LA, then finally home to Houston. We had a good chunk of daytime in Singapore between flights, and I had hoped we would use it to see some of the city and eat at a hawker center.
However, long haul travel, even if you are in lie flat seats, gets to be exhausting at a certain point and we were far too tired after flying the six hours or so overnight from Male to Singapore to want to go out and explore. Instead, we opted to get a day room at the Crowne Plaza Changi Airport in Singapore so we could stretch out in a real bed, use a real shower, and get some real sleep.
In this post I’ll talk about how to book a day room and tell you why I think the hotel is pretty fantastic. First, here are previous posts in the series.
How to Book a Day Room at the Crowne Plaza Changi Airport
We arrived to Singapore in the morning, and it was well before check-in time if we were staying the night. We couldn’t find a day room option on the IHG website, but when we went to the hotel to ask about booking a day room it wasn’t a problem. We did see regular rooms for sale on their website, so we assumed the hotel wasn’t full before heading over there.
There are some websites that allow you to book day rooms at select hotels including Between 9 and 5 and Book a Day Room. I didn’t actually use either of those sites, but you may find them useful when trying to book day rooms online.
The hotel is physically at the airport with no shuttle required, but you do have to clear immigration and enter Singapore to get to the hotel, so allow for that in your schedule.
The day room was booked until 6PM and the price was a bit lower than an overnight stay would have been.
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Review:
As I mentioned the hotel is right at the Changi airport, so you don’t have any hassle getting there other than walking across an air conditioned link from Terminal 3. We didn’t try out any of the restaurants or amenities at the hotel other than the room on our brief stay, but the room itself was quite nice and great for sleeping.
If you wanted to book a room here overnight you could choose to spend 40,000 IHG points earned via the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card or it would be a pretty good use of the annual free night the card provides or that you can earn via various IHG promotions. Overnight room rates with cash seem to often be around $200+ USD if you wanted to go that route.
We were asleep for 90% of our time in the hotel, but had no complaints at all. It was easy to get to, clean, modern, quiet, had good water pressure, and was just what we needed before three more flights home.
If you have a little more time or energy than we had on our stay, the pool area actually looked pretty nice from what I could see on our walk to and from the lobby!
I’m sad we were too tired to really take advantage of our layover in Singapore, but am very grateful for the good rest we were able to get via our day room at the Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. If you find yourself in need of a place to get some real rest at Changi or any other airport, don’t forget that many airport hotels do make rooms available to rent just for the day.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.