US Airways Awards Temporarily Not Bookable on British Airways Website
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Last year, I wrote about how US Airways were now bookable using British Airways Avios, and how you could take advantage of their distance based awards when flying US Airways.
Over the past several days there has been a known issue with booking US Airways on British Airways site, since US Airways recently aligned their fare codes with American Airlines this past weekend.
The good news is that this issue is expected to be fixed by February 1st, and in the meantime, you can still call British Airways to book US Airways awards over the phone and should be able to ask them to waive the phone fee since this is a known issue.
In the meantime, it’s a great time to maximize the last few days of the 40% American Express to British Airways transfer bonus, which ends January 31, 2015.
You can also boost your British Airways avios balance with the British Airways Visa Signature card, which is offering 4 Avios for every $1 spent on all purchases within your first year up to $30,000. That’s up to 120,000 bonus Avios.. This card also offers a companion ticket once you reach $30,000 in spending in a calendar year.
Check out these posts on other ways to maximize British Airways avios:
Best Ways To Redeem British Airways Avios
9 Great Ways to Maximize 50,000 British Airways Avios
Maximizing British Airways Avios Series: Travel Together Companion Ticket
How to Redeem British Airways Avios Without Huge Fees
Using British Airways Avios on Aer Lingus to Avoid Huge Fees
Maximizing British Airways Avios For Caribbean Flights
My Experience Booking Aer Lingus Business Class with British Airways Avios
Using Avios For Non-Flight Redemptions
Using Avios to Book Domestic First Class Flights
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees