US Airways Awards Temporarily Not Bookable on British Airways Website
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Last year, I wrote about how US Airways were now bookable using British Airways Avios, and how you could take advantage of their distance based awards when flying US Airways.
Over the past several days there has been a known issue with booking US Airways on British Airways site, since US Airways recently aligned their fare codes with American Airlines this past weekend.
The good news is that this issue is expected to be fixed by February 1st, and in the meantime, you can still call British Airways to book US Airways awards over the phone and should be able to ask them to waive the phone fee since this is a known issue.
In the meantime, it’s a great time to maximize the last few days of the 40% American Express to British Airways transfer bonus, which ends January 31, 2015.
You can also boost your British Airways avios balance with the British Airways Visa Signature card, which is offering 4 Avios for every $1 spent on all purchases within your first year up to $30,000. That’s up to 120,000 bonus Avios.. This card also offers a companion ticket once you reach $30,000 in spending in a calendar year.
Check out these posts on other ways to maximize British Airways avios:
Best Ways To Redeem British Airways Avios
9 Great Ways to Maximize 50,000 British Airways Avios
Maximizing British Airways Avios Series: Travel Together Companion Ticket
How to Redeem British Airways Avios Without Huge Fees
Using British Airways Avios on Aer Lingus to Avoid Huge Fees
Maximizing British Airways Avios For Caribbean Flights
My Experience Booking Aer Lingus Business Class with British Airways Avios
Using Avios For Non-Flight Redemptions
Using Avios to Book Domestic First Class Flights
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.