US Airways Awards Temporarily Not Bookable on British Airways Website
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Last year, I wrote about how US Airways were now bookable using British Airways Avios, and how you could take advantage of their distance based awards when flying US Airways.
Over the past several days there has been a known issue with booking US Airways on British Airways site, since US Airways recently aligned their fare codes with American Airlines this past weekend.
The good news is that this issue is expected to be fixed by February 1st, and in the meantime, you can still call British Airways to book US Airways awards over the phone and should be able to ask them to waive the phone fee since this is a known issue.
In the meantime, it’s a great time to maximize the last few days of the 40% American Express to British Airways transfer bonus, which ends January 31, 2015.
You can also boost your British Airways avios balance with the British Airways Visa Signature card, which is offering 4 Avios for every $1 spent on all purchases within your first year up to $30,000. That’s up to 120,000 bonus Avios.. This card also offers a companion ticket once you reach $30,000 in spending in a calendar year.
Check out these posts on other ways to maximize British Airways avios:
Best Ways To Redeem British Airways Avios
9 Great Ways to Maximize 50,000 British Airways Avios
Maximizing British Airways Avios Series: Travel Together Companion Ticket
How to Redeem British Airways Avios Without Huge Fees
Using British Airways Avios on Aer Lingus to Avoid Huge Fees
Maximizing British Airways Avios For Caribbean Flights
My Experience Booking Aer Lingus Business Class with British Airways Avios
Using Avios For Non-Flight Redemptions
Using Avios to Book Domestic First Class Flights
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.