This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard
Per View from the Wing, US Airways transitioned their fare classes over the weekend to align with American’s, but in doing so, there appeared to be some gaps that caused for a bunch of low-level Business Class award availability to be open.
Currently the US Airways World Premier MasterCard is offering an increased 50,000 sign-up bonus, meaning signing up for this card could earn you a one-way Business Class award to Europe. The Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard is also offering a 50,000 sign up bonus as well as the, so getting either of these cards right now would make sense if you want to book some business class awards to/from Europe.
Here are some examples of the great business class availability (searching for 2 people):
Philadelphia-Rome Business Class for 50,000 American AAdvantage miles:
Philadelphia-Madrid Business Class for 50,000 American AAdvantage miles:
Charlotte-Frankfurt Business Class for 50,000 American AAdvantage miles:
There’s no guarantee how long these awards will be open for so if you’re interested in booking some low-level business class awards to Europe, I’d look into this!
In addition, American Express Membership Rewards, recently launched a 40% bonus on transfers to British Airways through January 31, 2015, so if you’re looking for other ways to head to/from Europe, you may want to consider utilizing British Airways Avios as well though be wary of high taxes/fees.
Feel free to comment below with any other great routes or award availability you were able to find.
Hat Tip: View from the Wing
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards