Earn Bonus Points With IHG Rewards "Set Your Sights" Promo
Registration for the promotion begins today for the Set Your Sights IHG Rewards Club promotion that allows you to earn up to tons of bonus points. Depending on your targeted offer, you could earn between 50,000-70,000 bonus points!
You must be an IHG Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance. Once you register, you will arrive to a page that gives you your "offers". Here you have several opportunities to earn bonus points by completing activities across IHG's nine hotel brands.
Here is a list of some of different things you can do to earn bonus IHG Reward Points and how many points you can earn for each. This seems to be the general base offer for most members. Make sure to check and see what you are offered, as elite members are usually offered more options for a higher amount of bonus points.
The Base Offer:
- 500 Bonus Points: Download the IHG app
- 5,000 Bonus Points: Stay three nights between January 1-April 30, 2015
- 5,000 Bonus Points: Book two stays directly through IHG (booked and consumed between January 1-April 30, 2015)
- 5,000 Bonus Points: Book a weekend stay (either Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday between January 1-April 30, 2015)
- 10,000 Bonus Points: Stay at two Holiday Inn properties (stay between January 1-April 30, 2015)
- 25,000 Bonus Points: For completing all five of the above activities
As stated above, the book and stay promotions must be booked and consumed between January 1, 2015-April 30, 2015 and you of course have to register your member number which can you do as of today. It's seems a little fishy that on the website (see screenshot) it says "Book Now" and then in the Terms and Conditions (for example, for the third offer when you book two stays on the IHG website) it specifically states:
"Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after required number of Qualifying Stays are booked and consumed on any official IHG® website between 1 January 2015 and 30 April 2015 (both dates inclusive) at participating..."
So just to be safe, I'd register now, but wait until January 1, 2015 to make any reservations. Make sure to keep track of your completed activities to see how many points you have earned along the way.
Is anyone getting different offers than the base offer above? Feel free to share in the comments section, and screenshots are welcome.