This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve written extensively about Delta changing their Skymiles program for 2015, and most of the changes have been negative. However, Delta promised that there was “more to come” and one of those new additions is a partnership with Hertz, allowing Gold, Platinum, and Diamond Medallion members to enjoy complimentary elite status in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program.
The following chart illustrates which Delta Medallion levels qualify for specific elite status levels within the Hertz program:
Some of the elite status benefits in the Hertz Gold Rewards Plus program include exclusive lines, expedited service and eligibility for one-car class upgrades (subject to availability).
In order for you to obtain the complimentary Hertz elite status, follow these steps:
- Login to your SkyMiles account
- Enter your Hertz Gold Plus Rewards number into your Car Loyalty Program under Hotel & Car Preferences of My Account (If you are not already a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards member, then please follow links provided on this page to complete enrollment)
- Click “Save Changes”
- Follow the link that appears to enter your Delta SkyMiles number for verification and opt-in to receive your benefit.
- Allow up to eight weeks for your status to be reflected in your Hertz Gold Plus Rewards account
This new elite status perk from Delta is a nice complement to their Crossover Rewards partnership between Delta and Starwood.
If you are a Delta flyer who is looking to bank some extra miles this card is a great addition for your wallet. While you'll earn 2 miles per dollar on Delta purchases and 1 mile per dollar on everything else, you'll also have access to other perks like priority boarding, a first bag checked free and discounted Delta Sky Club access.
- Earn 30,000 Bonus Miles after spending $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Earn 2 miles on every dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile for every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
- Check your first bag free on Delta flights - that's a savings of up to $200 per round trip for a family of four.
- Want even more flexibility? Pay with Miles is a Card Member feature that gives you the option to redeem miles for all or part of the price of your tickets on Delta.com.
- Settle into your seat sooner with Priority Boarding.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.