Bing's Most Searched For Vacation Destinations of 2014
Search engine Bing recently released the most searched for destinations of 2014. It turns out, when we're not searching for tropical beach vacations, it's major European capitals that are racing through the search engine. Read on for Bing's list and check out BingTrends for more search trends. Maybe it will inspire a search of your own.
1. Costa Rica - From eco-tourism to adventure travel, Costa Rica is a popular destination offering year round sunshine and affordable accommodations. From the Pacific Coast to the Caribbean Sea, cloud forests to surf breaks, Costa Rica's calling nature lovers.
Read More: Andaz Papagayo Standard King & Suite Review
2. Hawaii - Always a popular getaway, Hawaii ranks close to the top of Bing's list. From stunning beaches, dramatic volcanic peaks and lush jungles, there's plenty to search for and find in Hawaii.
Read More: What To Do in Oahu: Beach, Mountains & More
3. Puerto Rico- A Caribbean island and US territory, Puerto Rico affords an escape that can be both cultural and beachy. From Old Town San Juan to Rincon, discover all of Puerto Rico's beauty and leave your passport at home.
4. London- From theater on the West End to a jaunt through Hyde Park, London is one of the world's great capital cities. Explore iconic landmarks like Big Ben or hit up major cultural institutions like the Tate Modern.
Read More: Destination of the Week: London
5. Jamaica- From reggae music to jerk chicken and a cold, refreshing Red Stripe, nothing says chill time like a trip to Jamaica. Frolic through white sand beaches and jump off of waterfalls. Jamaica is calling!
6. Paris- What's not to love about Paris? The City of Light is a top destination for fashion, art, cuisine and so much more. Oozing romance and history from every street corner, Paris remains a top destination.
Read More: A Romantic Weekend in Paris
7. Lake Tahoe- Whether it's a Spring Break party or a restorative family vacation, Lake Tahoe has plenty to offer. Head offshore on a boat charter or hit the water in kayaks and take in the views.
8. Bahamas- The Bahamas are a no brainer. Choosing which island to visit is the challenge. From Nassau and Grand Bahama with their lavish resorts to the Abacos, Eleuthera and Bimini with off-the-beaten path retreats, there's a Bahamian island for everyone.
9. Aruba- Any island that's listed first in the Beach Boy's "Kokomo" signals idyllic, tropical getaway. Head to the far southern Caribbean for a getaway of white sand beaches and crystal clear water.
Read More: Top 10 Caribbean Hotels To Use Your Points
10. Amsterdam - Whether it's culture and history, found at the Van Gogh Museum and Anne Frank House, or more elicit curiosities, like cafe culture and Red Light District, Amsterdam and its canals round out the list of the most searched for destinations on Bing.
Read More: Destination of the Week: Amsterdam
Hotel Review: Starwood's Pulitzer Amsterdam
Which destinations will you be searching for in the new year?