This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Following last year’s Crossover Rewards partnership with Delta Air Lines, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) and Emirates Skywards have just announced a new partnership called Your World Rewards, providing reciprocal benefits to elites of both loyalty programs when they fly with Emirates or stay at participating Starwood properties. Registration for the new partnership begins on Wednesday, November 19, 2014, and you can sign up on the websites for either Emirates Skywards or SPG.
On top of usual earnings for both programs, Your World Rewards will give elite SPG and Emirates Skywards members top-tier rewards of both loyalty programs:
Emirates Skywards Silver, Gold, and Platinum members will earn 1 bonus Skywards mile per US dollar spent at Starwood hotels and resorts around the world, in addition to the SPG points earned for the stay. (Note that conversion rates will be adjusted for local currencies.) Emirates Skywards Gold and Platinum members will have access to SPG elite check-in, 4 p.m. check-out, and complimentary in-room Wi-Fi.
SPG Gold and Platinum members will earn 1 bonus Starpoint per US dollar spent when flying Emirates, in addition to the Skywards miles earned for the flight itself. SPG Platinum members will receive priority check-in and priority boarding with Emirates, as well as complimentary e-gate benefits.
Your World Rewards is a mutually beneficial partnership for two companies that have a vested interest in each other’s home territories. The Middle East in general is SPG’s third fastest-growing market (behind China and India), and after New York City, Starwood’s second-largest present market is the Emirates hub of Dubai.
There are presently 15 Starwood properties in Dubai, and a total of 82 properties in the Middle East, with more on the way. Conversely, the U.S. is one of Emirates‘ fastest-growing markets; in August, the U.A.E.-based airline added a Chicago O’Hare-Dubai route and upgraded its Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) routes with A380s, and will soon make the same aircraft upgrades to its San Francisco and Houston routes.
The following video illustrates the perks of the Your World Rewards partnership:
For those wondering how this impacts Crossover Rewards, SPG members can register for both Your World Rewards and Crossover Rewards, but for your stays at SPG-participating hotels, you have to choose whether to earn Emirates Skywards Miles or Delta SkyMiles – you won’t be allowed to earn miles in both programs.
When asked about Delta’s Crossover Rewards program, we learned that 95% of the members participating in that are based in the United States, so with this new partnership with Emirates, they are looking to expand their global reach. It will be interesting to see how well this new partnership ends up doing.
What are your thoughts on this new partnership with Emirates? Will you be more likely to move your business over to Starwood/Emirates because of it? Feel free to comment below.
- Earn a $100 statement credit after you make $1,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn an additional $100 statement credit after your first purchase on the Card at a participating SPG® or Marriott Rewards® hotel within your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- From now through July 31, 2018: Earn 2 Starpoints® for every dollar of eligible purchases on the Card at participating SPG® and Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other eligible purchases.
- On August 1, 2018, SPG will convert every one Starpoint in a loyalty member account to three points. In general, corresponding redemption changes will occur. Visit members.marriott.com for details.
- Effective August 1, 2018: Earn 6 points for every dollar of eligible purchases on the Card at participating SPG and Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 2 points for all other eligible purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Earn free nights at over 1,500 hotels and resorts in over 100 countries with no blackout dates. Some hotels may have mandatory service and resort charges.
- Enjoy complimentary, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi on up to four devices at more than 1,000,000 Boingo hotspots worldwide. Enrollment required.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees