Delta Expands Porsche Service to LaGuardia, Seattle, Detroit
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta Air Lines announced today that it will expand its Porsche tarmac transfer service to three more airports: New York LaGuardia, Seattle and Detroit. Delta initially launched this service back in 2011 in Atlanta, and has since added a total of 19 cars in which high value customers can be picked up and transported from gate to gate.
In addition to the three new airports being added today, Delta’s Porsche service is currently offered at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson, Los Angeles International Airport, New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport, and Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport.
For a behind the scenes look, check out A Day in the Life of Delta’s Elite Services:
The service cannot be requested or reserved, and is instead provided to select Diamond Medallion customers based on a number of factors, including the day’s flight operations and the connecting time between flights. Customers are added to the priority list for the service by Delta’s Elite Services team, and then greeted at the aircraft boarding door and escorted with their baggage to an awaiting Porsche car, which will deliver them to their connecting gate.
According to Delta, during a typical day more than 100 high-value customers are transferred from gate to gate at Delta’s largest hub in Atlanta, so you can imagine the number of customers being transferred across all seven airports where this service is being offered. One of the Sunday Reader Questions this week was whether to go for Diamond Medallion on Delta; if you’re hoping to get whisked away from your gate in a Porsche, then the answer is yes!
American Airlines currently offers Cadillac transfers for select Concierge Key members in Los Angeles, New York (both JFK and LGA), and Dallas/Fort Worth; United offers a tarmac transportation option for select Global Services members and United Global First customers who have tight connection.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees