Delta Air Lines Launches More New Routes From Seattle
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta Air Lines recently announced the addition of new daily nonstop flights from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport to Denver, Boise, Sacramento, Ketchikan and Sitka, Alaska, with service beginning as early as May, 2015.
The new routes that Delta will serve, which will be operated by Delta Connection include:
- Five daily flights to Denver, beginning June 4
- Four daily flights to Sacramento, Calif., beginning May 4
- Four daily flights to Boise, Idaho, beginning May 4
- One seasonal daily flight to Ketchikan, Alaska beginning May 15
- One seasonal daily flight to Sitka, Alaska beginning May 15
In addition to the new service just announced, Delta will also begin service from Seattle Bozeman, Montana; Maui, Hawaii; Palm Springs, California; Phoenix; Puerto Vallarta, Mexico; and Tucson, Arizona; as well as a second daily flight to Honolulu. Additionally, Delta began service to Calgary and Spokane, Washington, at the beginning of November.
When it comes to Seattle, Alaska Airlines is doing everything they can to continue to maintain their presence there, but it seems like Delta is trying everything they can to build a fortress there. Delta currently operates 80 peak-day departures to 25 destinations from Seattle and will increase to 93 peak-day departures to 32 destinations in December. By next summer, Delta will offer 120 peak-day departures to 35 destinations. Per the Seattle Times, Delta is trying to acquire 30 gates in Seattle, which would allow Delta to operate 240 daily flights from Seattle.
For those who live in Seattle, Delta is currently offering double SkyMiles as well as double Medallion Qualifying Miles for the rest of the year. American Express just announced they are opening a smaller Centurion lounge in Seattle which will be called a Centurion Studio.
What are your thoughts on Delta expanding their service in Seattle?
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees