US Airways Barclaycard Updates and Targeted Offer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The US Airways World Premier MasterCard has had a number of different sign-up bonuses within the last year- usually in the range of 30,000 to 40,000 miles, but US Airways is currently sending out targeted offers for 50,000 bonus miles after spending $1,000 within the first 90 days. While there’s no public link for this offer, be sure to check your mail to see if you were targeted. If not, you can still apply for the public offer of 40,000 bonus miles after the first purchase.
US Airways also sent an email today to confirm that current cardholders will continue to receive the annual 10,000 Dividend Miles anniversary bonus in the form of 10,000 AAdvantage miles.
Cardholders of the US Airways MasterCard will also enjoy the following:
- Now receive a 25% in-flight savings on food, beverage, and headset purchases on US Airways and American Airlines flights. This savings will appear as a credit on your statement.
- In addition to earning 2X miles for every dollar you spend on US Airways purchases, you’ll also earn 2X miles on American Airlines purchases.
US Airways MasterCard
Their current public offer is for 40,000 miles after the first purchase and payment of the $89 annual fee. The miles are usually awarded in the billing cycle when you make the purchase, so they should post pretty quickly if you ask for the card to be rushed. US Airways miles are valuable, though you can often purchase them directly from US Airways at ~1.9 cents a piece (or even as low as 1.1 cents via their occasional 100% Share Miles promotions). At my current valuation of 1.9 cents a piece, 40,000 miles is worth $760. Subtract the annual fee and you’re still looking at $671 in value without taking into consideration any of the other benefits, including:
- Free checked bag for you and up to 4 companions on US Airways operated domestic flights.
- Yearly companion ticket for up to two guests to fly for $99 each (plus taxes and fees) on US Airways operated flights between the US and Canada.
- 5,000 mile discount on US Airways awards.
- 10,000 Preferred-qualifying miles every calendar year in which you spend $25,000 or more on purchases.
- Waived Award Processing Fees after $25,000 spent within a year. (These fees are currently $25 per domestic ticket, $35 per Mexico or Caribbean ticket, and $50 per Hawaii or international ticket.)
- Priority Zone 2 boarding.
- Preferred/First Class Check-in.
- 2 miles per dollar spent on US Airways purchases.
- A US Airways Club Day Pass that includes up to two guests.
The main differences between this offer and the targeted one for 50,000 miles is that you must spend $1,000 within the first 90 days vs. earning the miles after the first purchase. This card will remain after the US Airways merger with American Airlines is complete, and will transition to an American Airlines co-branded card, so I recommend signing up now while you can take advantage of the different product.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees