Starwood Redemptions at Caesars Hotels Up to 40% Off
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Starwood is running a promotion where you can get up to a 40% discount when you redeem your Starpoints at Caesars Hotels for stays between November 7, 2014-December 30, 2014. Starting now, you can also redeem for SPG Moments exclusive Caesar experiences. Make sure to first register for the promotion in order to access the best rates and deals.
Hotel prices in Vegas can fluctuate wildly depending on the date and demand. The number of Starpoints needed for these redemptions seems to be based on the going rate, so you can expect to see a lot of fluctuation there too. The image below shows redemption options for a Friday in November, where Flamingo goes for 4,500 Starpoints per night, Planet Hollywood for 7,000 Starpoints per night, and Caesars Palace for 9,500 Starpoints per night.
As another example, here are some redemption options for a 4-night, mid-week stay in December:
Four nights at the Flamingo for 1,750 Starpoints per night sounds like a good deal until you consider that the same room is currently going for $23 per night. In my most recent monthly valuations, I list Starpoints at 2.3 cents apiece, but this redemption only gives you about 1.3 cents per point in value. Some of the values are slightly better, like Caesars Palace at 18,500 points or $73 per night (for a return of 1.56 cents per point), but that’s about the most you can expect to get.
If you’re just looking to save cash while in Las Vegas, redeeming Starpoints for Caesars hotels is an option, but it’s not a very good value. That said, it’s not so bad that I would categorically say you shouldn’t do it.
Registered members can also earn Starpoints as well as SPG qualifying nights for stays. Earn two Starpoints for every eligible $1 charged to your hotel folio at Caesars Entertainment hotels (in addition to Reward Credits earned through Caesars’ loyalty program Total Rewards). You can also earn credit toward SPG elite qualification for redeemed and paid Caesars Entertainment stays for up to 10 nights per calendar year.
Participating Caesars properties include:
- Bally’s Atlantic City, NJ
- Bally’s Las Vegas, NV
- Caesars Atlantic City, NJ
- Caesars Palace Las Vegas, NV
- Flamingo Las Vegas, NV
- Harrah’s Atlantic City, NJ
- Harrah’s Lake Tahoe, NV
- Harrah’s Las Vegas, NV
- Harrah’s New Orleans, LA
- Harrah’s Reno, NV
- Harvey’s Lake Tahoe, NV
- Nobu Hotel at Caesars Palace, NV
- Paris Las Vegas, NV
- Planet Hollywood Las Vegas, NV
- The Linq Las Vegas, NV
- Rio Las Vegas, NV
One of the Caesars’ experiences currently offered is the Life is Beautiful music festival (one package available), featuring artists such as Kanye West, The Flaming Lips, Arctic Monkeys and Lionel Richie. The bidding starts at 5,000 Starpoints and you must bid by 1:00 p.m EST on October 10, 2014. This package includes:
- Two VIP tickets to the 2014 Life is Beautiful Festival in Las Vegas, NV, Friday through Sunday, October 24-26, 2014
- Three nights at Caesars Palace Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, October 24-26, 2014
- Daily roundtrip limo service for two between Caesars Palace and the Life is Beautiful Festival
Another experience is the Las Vegas High Roller package (12 packages available), which includes:
- Two tickets to the Las Vegas High Roller observation wheel at The LINQ in Las Vegas, NV, on Friday, November 7, 2014 (ride lasts approximately 30 minutes)
- Two nights at The LINQ Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, November 6 and 7, 2014
The package must also be booked by 1:00 p.m EST on October 10, 2014 and you can buy it for 15,000 points–no bidding here.
Of course, you can always stay in Las Vegas on the cheap, but Starwood properties can run much higher than 15,000 points per night, and this experience is for two nights. According to my valutations, 15,000 Starpoints should equal about $345. Rooms at the Linq from November 6-8, 2014 currently start at $280 per night, so if you plan on being in Las Vegas that weekend, this is a great deal.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.