My Chicago Seminars Presentation: Maximizing Credit Cards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This weekend, I had a great time speaking at the Chicago Seminars in Elk Grove, Illinois (about 20 minutes from O’Hare), meeting and greeting tons of other highly engaged (and slightly obsessed) frequent flyer and points hounds including The Frugal Travel Guy, Rick Ingersoll, and about 500 frequent flyer enthusiasts in attendance and several informative sessions for everyone from beginner to advanced mileage junkies.
My presentation was on Maximizing Credit Cards, and in it I covered:
- What Makes Up Your Fico Score
- The Three Types of Points: Transferable, Co-Branded, Fixed-Value
- Credit Card Perks: Elite Perks, Spend Bonuses, Category Spending, Lounge Access
- Spending Your Way To Elite Status
- Best Cards for Category Spending Categories
- Preview of the New TPG App
I’m going to include a flash version of my presentation here so you can flip through it at your leisure and pick up the key points I discussed, if you weren’t able to write everything down during the presentation.
Were you able to attend the Chicago Seminars this year? What did you learn from them this weekend?