This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s a round-up of the week’s points, miles and travel industry news you may have missed:
Purchase 5,000 or More TrueBlue Points and Get a 50% Bonus
You can earn a 50% bonus when you purchase a minimum of 5,000 points in JetBlue’s loyalty program TrueBlue. You can earn the bonus on a maximum of 30,000 points. This offer ends on October 18, 2014 and is valid only for new TrueBlue point purchases by TrueBlue members with an account in good standing. This offer cannot be combined with other offers. With this promotion, you can buy points for around 1.9-2.4 cents apiece. Since TrueBlue points are worth much less than that, I only recommend buying if you need a few thousand points to top up your account for a specific redemption.
Earn 1,750 AAdvantage Miles For a Best Western Stay
As a Best Western Rewards members, you can earn 1,500 bonus American Airlines AAdvantage miles plus 250 base miles for a total of 1,750 miles if you meet the following conditions:
- Choose American Airlines AAdvantage miles as your earning preference;
- Register for the offer between October 1 and December 31, 2014;
- Complete a qualified stay (one or more consecutive nights) at any Best Western branded hotel during the promotional period;
This offer cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions.
IHG Launches Anywhere Check-In For Elite Reward Club Members
IHG (formerly Priority Club) recently launched a new mobile early check-in service for elite members called Anywhere Check-In. This allows you to specify your arrival time via your smart phone or tablet, after which you’ll receive notification when your room is ready so you can proceed to the hotel. So far, Anywhere Check-In is only available at participating hotels listed on the IHG Anywhere Check-In page.
Etihad Launches Etihad Airway Partners
Etihad has created a partnership with the following airlines: Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Airberlin, Etihad Regional, and Jet Airways. Airlines that are already members of existing alliances can still be part of Etihad Partners, like AirBerlin, which is also a member of Oneworld. Frequent flyer members will soon enjoy standardized mileage and tier benefits across all partners, such as no black-out periods and priority services.
Double, Triple & Bonus Points for Virgin America Flights
Register to earn triple points for First class flights and double points for Main Cabin Select flights on Virgin American until December 19, 2014. Additionally, you can earn bonus points based on the points you earn flying during this promotional period as follows:
- Earn 2,500 qualifying points, receive 1,000 bonus points
- Earn 5,000 qualifying points, receive 2,500 bonus points
- Earn 10,000 qualifying points, receive 5,000 bonus points
- Earn 15,000 qualifying points, receive 10,000 bonus points
- Earn 20,000 qualifying points, receive 15,000 bonus points
- Earn 25,000 qualifying points, receive 25,000 bonus points
Get Avios Points For Answering Surveys
If you join e-Rewards, a company that offers points and miles to customers in exchange for completing surveys, you can get 750 Avios for the completion of your first survey. As you continue completing surveys, you’ll earn Opinion points that you can later exchange for Avois as follows:
- Exchange 1,200 Opinion points, get 250 Avios points
- Exchange 2,000 Opinion points, get 500 Avios points
- Exchange 3,500 Opinion points, get 1,000 Avios points
- Exchange 6,500 Opinion points, get 2,000 Avios points
There is currently no expiration date for this promotion.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.