Contest Roundup: Adventure Treks, Mexico City, Canada, France
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Check out the week in travel contests and sweepstakes for your chance to win a trip to Mexico, an adventure trip to either Costa Rica, Machu Picchu, Mont Blanc or Thailand, a cruise through Canada, a chance to see Oprah in Miami or a gastronomic vacation to France.
Win a Trip to Mexico City from iFly KLM Magazine
Win a trip to see Mexico City from KLM. The grand prize is two round-trip tickets to Mexico City from the city closest to the winner where KLM, Delta or Air France operate flights.
To enter, answer a short quiz about Mexico’s Day of the Dead holiday and then enter your information. Note that the winner’s last name and city of residence will be published in the next issue of iFly KLM Magazine.
You must be 18 or over to participate and enter by October 18, 2014.
Win an Adventure Trip from REI
Choose from one of four adventure trips from REI: Costa Rica Ultimate Adventure, Machu Picchu Trek, Tour du Mont Blanc, or Thailand Multisport and Beaches and enter your details to win.
Keep in mind that each trip requires a certain level of physical fitness, as each trip includes some kind of hiking/biking or other adventure activity.
The contest is open to legal residents of the United States 18 years of age or older. Enter by October 3, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
Win a Cruise in Canada from Photo Life and Photo Solutions Magazines
Photo Life Magazine is launching their annual photo contest The World We Live In. Applicants can submit up to ten of their own photos under the topics of humanity, environment and interconnection. Note that there is a fee to enter:
- Subscriber to Photo Life and/or Photo Solution: $8 for 10 images (additional images: $8 per 10 images)
- Non-subscriber to Photo Life or Photo Solution: $12 for 10 images (additional images: $12 per 10 images)
- Humanity: Each person has a story to tell. Capture images of people around you: your family, your neighbours, people you’ve encountered while travelling or even yourself.
- The Environment: Nature and wildlife will never cease to amaze. Show the outstanding beauty of our living world, whether through wide landscapes or close-ups of natural elements, animals, plants or insects.
- Interconnections: Humans are by nature interactive beings. Show how we transform and create things. This can be seen in architecture, domestic pets, urban life, objects, transportation, machines, agriculture, fishing, cooking and almost anywhere you look.
The winning photographer and guest will win a 10-day cruise on the inaugural voyage of the Ocean Endeavor this season during June 14th- June 23rd, 2015, which travels to and from Québec City to the French territory of Saint-Pierre and Miquelon, plus the following shutterbug prizes:
- Lowepro Pro Trekker 600 AW
- DxO Optics Pro 9 Elite
- Slik Pro 340DX tripod
- Billingham Khaki/Tan iPad slip
- Blurb photo book voucher
The contest is open to residents of Canada and the United States, 18 years of age or older. Enter by November 30, 2014.
Win A Trip To Miami, Florida To See Oprah’s Tour from Mophie
- Two tickets for admission to the Miami stop of the Oprah’s The Life You Want Weekend Tour October 24-25, 2014
- Two round-trip plane tickets from the major airport nearest the winner’s home to Miami International Airport
- Two nights accommodations for two at a hotel in the Miami area
- Two days car service
- Two mophie powerstations units
- Two 16GB mophie space packs units for iPhone 5/5s
The contest is open to legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age. Enter by October 9, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
Win a Gastronomic Retreat in France from International Kitchen
Win a trip to Quercy, France in the Pyrenees to enjoy French gastronomy. The grand prize trip includes:
- Three nights for two people in a Chateau
- One breakfast
- Three gastronomic dinners (beverages not included)
- Wine tasting at the wine bar of the Chateau
- Two cooking courses with tastings to follow
- One entrance to Foie Gras museum
The contest is open to legal residents of the United States 18 years of age or older. Enter by October 8, 2014. Travel must be completed by August 31, 2015.