Completing the Hyatt Diamond Status Challenge
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TPG Content and Community Manager Ryan Gaines is about to embark on a Hyatt Diamond Status Challenge over the next two months. In today’s post, Ryan provides an overview of the Hyatt challenge, and explains his plans to achieve Hyatt Diamond Elite Status.
As the year comes to an end, I’ve been re-evaluating my hotel elite status, and have decided to request a status challenge to Hyatt Gold Passport due to their great Hyatt Diamond benefits, such as full complimentary breakfast, four confirmed suite upgrades each year, their diverse group of properties from Hyatt Place to Andaz to Park Hyatt, and their new Points + Cash redemptions.
Hyatt Diamond Status normally requires 50 nights or 25 stays to earn, but you can complete a Hyatt Diamond Challenge, where you only have to stay 12 nights within 60 days to earn the status. The great thing if you complete the challenge now is that the status will be earned through February 2016, meaning you can get top-tier Hyatt status for 17 months.
To sign-up for a Hyatt Diamond Challenge, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot of your statement of your membership activity with a competitor that’s reflects the following status:
- Hilton Gold VIP or Hilton Diamond VIP
- Marriott Gold or Marriott Platinum
- Starwood Platinum Preferred Guest
- Priority Club Platinum
Once you do this, you should hear back shortly from Hyatt asking if you would like to enroll in the Hyatt Gold Passport trial Diamond offer. Throughout the challenge, you will earn five Hyatt Gold Passport points for every eligible dollar spent. Your Diamond membership also offers you the following benefits:
- 30% point bonus on eligible spending
- Complimentary breakfast daily
- Complimentary in-room standard Internet access
- Points + Cash awards to enjoy free nights faster
To maintain your Diamond status through February 2016, simply stay 12 eligible nights within 60 days. During this trial period, you will also earn 1,000 bonus points per night on your first six eligible nights to redeem for free stays, room upgrades, dining, spa treatments and more.
Most rates count as eligible nights for the Hyatt Diamond Challenge, including My Elite Rate, corporate rates, AAA, AARP, and even Points + Cash rates. Another lucrative aspect of the challenge is that Hyatt gives you the status as soon as you’re enrolled, meaning that you can enjoy all the benefits of Hyatt Diamond while you complete the challenge, including the complimentary breakfast. However, it’s important to note that stays at MLife properties in Vegas do not count toward the challenge.
Hyatt also gives challengers four suite upgrades, which you can use during the challenge, or even for future stays if you fail to complete the challenge, so long as you book before the challenge ends. If you complete the challenge, you’ll receive another four suite upgrades for 2015, so by completing a challenge now you can earn eight suite upgrade awards, each of which is good for up to a seven night stay.
My goal is to complete this challenge over the next two months, even if that means checking into my local Hyatt Place for a few nights. Stay tuned for updates on my journey over the next couple months!
Have you ever completed a Hyatt Diamond Challenge? Please share your thoughts in the comments below.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.