Targeted Offer: Delta Gold and Platinum Medallion Fast Track
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The airline elite status landscape has shifted dramatically over the past year with both Delta and United implementing revenue requirements and overhauling their mileage-earning formulas. All that has a lot of flyers reevaluating their elite status strategy and calculating every dollar of airline and co-branded credit card spend as they look to their future travel plans.
If you are not on track to meet those new spending requirements or lay out $25,000 in co-branded credit card spend this year, though, Delta has launched a targeted elite status fast track promo called “Step Up Your Status” for non-elites and potentially Silver Medallions that could earn you elite status through January 2016.
The terms are fairly simple and generous. Register here and then book and fly Delta or Delta Connection roundtrip flights by November 21 to earn elite status. Here are the requirements:
- Three times to earn Gold Medallion status through January 2016
- Five times to earn Platinum status through January 2016
Among the terms and conditions to note:
- Flights booked prior to enrollment are not eligible, so you have to book the travel after enrolling.
- Eligible flights must be roundtrip.
- Eligible flights must be marketed and operated only by Delta and/or Delta Connection. Trips with segments flown by other airlines will not count.
- You must not have received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past, and not currently be a Diamond, Platinum or Gold Medallion member.
Earning Gold status usually requires earning 50,000 Medallion Qualifying Miles or 60 segments and spending $5,000 on Delta airfares or $25,000 on a Delta co-branded Amex in a calendar year. Earning Platinum status usually requires earning 75,000 MQM’s or 100 segments and spending $7,500 on airfare or $25,000 on a co-branded Delta Amex within a calendar year. So this promotion is a potentially much faster, cheaper way to go.
Gold and Platinum Medallion status includes perks like unlimited complimentary upgrades and companion upgrades, complimentary preferred and Economy Comfort Seats for US travel (and internationally for Platinums), waived baggage and same-day confirmed fees and more.
As I mentioned, the promotion is indeed targeted, and when Team TPG tried to register, none of us was eligible. However, you might as well try, and share with your friends in case it turns out they are eligible!
Welcome to The Points Guy!