Club Carlson Promo: 30% Bonus on Purchased Gold Points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In case you missed this past summer’s Club Carlson flash sale and still want to top up your account, you can take advantage of the latest “Get Away Faster” promotion and receive a 30% bonus when you buy 10,000-40,000 Gold Points from now through October 31, 2014.
This promo allows you to purchase a minimum of 10,000 and a maximum of 40,000 Gold Points in 1,000-point increments for $7 apiece. While this isn’t as great a deal as this past June’s 75% bonus, you’ll still pay a respectable 0.54 cents for each Gold Point. Be aware that your entire, non-refundable points purchase will be posted to your Club Carlson account within 2-5 days of your transaction, and that you can only buy a maximum of 40,000 Gold Points per year.
Fortunately, 40,000 Gold Points can take you pretty far. As few as 9,000 of them can get you one award night in a Standard Room at, for example, the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson in San Jose, Costa Rica. 38,000 Gold Points can get you a similar room in a Club Carlson Category 4 property such as the Park Inn & Suites by Radisson in Vancouver, British Columbia or the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa in Istanbul, Turkey. Redeem 22,500 of those Gold Points and you can score an award night in a Premium Room at a Category 2 property like the Park Plaza Prenzlauer Berg Berlin.
You can further maximize your Gold Points if you have the Club Carlson Premier Visa (also available in a business version). I routinely enjoy the card’s Bonus Award Nights perk, which gives you the last award night free when you redeem points for stays of two or more nights at Club Carlson properties. The current sign-up bonus is 85,000 points when you spend $2,500 within 90 days, and every year you get 40,000 anniversary points, which can easily cover the $75 annual fee.
For more info on Club Carlson, see these related posts:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.