Club Carlson Promo: 30% Bonus on Purchased Gold Points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In case you missed this past summer’s Club Carlson flash sale and still want to top up your account, you can take advantage of the latest “Get Away Faster” promotion and receive a 30% bonus when you buy 10,000-40,000 Gold Points from now through October 31, 2014.
This promo allows you to purchase a minimum of 10,000 and a maximum of 40,000 Gold Points in 1,000-point increments for $7 apiece. While this isn’t as great a deal as this past June’s 75% bonus, you’ll still pay a respectable 0.54 cents for each Gold Point. Be aware that your entire, non-refundable points purchase will be posted to your Club Carlson account within 2-5 days of your transaction, and that you can only buy a maximum of 40,000 Gold Points per year.
Fortunately, 40,000 Gold Points can take you pretty far. As few as 9,000 of them can get you one award night in a Standard Room at, for example, the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson in San Jose, Costa Rica. 38,000 Gold Points can get you a similar room in a Club Carlson Category 4 property such as the Park Inn & Suites by Radisson in Vancouver, British Columbia or the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa in Istanbul, Turkey. Redeem 22,500 of those Gold Points and you can score an award night in a Premium Room at a Category 2 property like the Park Plaza Prenzlauer Berg Berlin.
You can further maximize your Gold Points if you have the Club Carlson Premier Visa (also available in a business version). I routinely enjoy the card’s Bonus Award Nights perk, which gives you the last award night free when you redeem points for stays of two or more nights at Club Carlson properties. The current sign-up bonus is 85,000 points when you spend $2,500 within 90 days, and every year you get 40,000 anniversary points, which can easily cover the $75 annual fee.
For more info on Club Carlson, see these related posts:
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.