Amex Centurion Lounge at LaGuardia Airport Now Open
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
The Amex Centurion Lounge at New York’s LaGuardia airport opened its doors today, making it the third US Centurion lounge along with the ones at McCarran airport in Las Vegas and in Dallas (DFW). Two more Centurion Lounges are set to open in San Francisco (this fall) and Miami (early in 2015).
I had a chance to tour the new space last week, and as someone who flies out of LaGuardia a lot, I’m excited to see it fully open for business. The lounge is smaller than its counterparts in Las Vegas and in Dallas, though still much nicer than any other lounge at LGA. Like the other Centurion lounges, however, it strikes a nice balance between relaxation and practicality: I feel like I could get work done there, or have dinner and a drink (or both).
The lounge is located before security on the 3rd level of Terminal B, and is open daily from 6 am to 8 pm. The Platinum Card from American Express, The Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN, and of course Centurion cardholders get complimentary access for themselves and immediate family OR up to two companions. Other Amex cardholders (including those who have American Express cards issued by other banks), can get a one-day lounge pass for $50, which also grants admission to children under 18.
To enter, plan to show your valid American Express card, ID, and a boarding pass for same day travel. (You can be arriving or departing, but you do need to be on a current itinerary.)
I’m looking forward to my first visit during normal operating hours, but I’m not sure yet when that will be. In the meantime, I’d love to hear from readers about their experiences. If you’re flying through LaGuardia and have a chance to visit the new lounge, please share your thoughts in the comments below.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees