Marriott Rewards Premier Visa 70,000 points & Free Night
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
While the bonus for the Marriott Rewards Premier Visa from Chase normally sits at 50,000 points, there has been a public offer floating around for 70,000 points (after spending $2,000 within the first 3 months) plus one free night at a category 1-4 property upon approval.
In my monthly valuation of points and miles for July I have Marriott points listed at .7 cents a piece. This means that a 70,000 point sign up bonus is worth about $490, and with the free night upon approval you could get an additional ~$300 in value. On top of that, every year on your account anniversary you’ll receive another free night that can be used at category 1-5 locations.
Redeeming Marriott Points
70,000 points may seem like a large bonus compared to most offers out there right now, but when redeeming your points for hotel stays you’ll need to redeem a lot more points than you would in most other programs.
For example, if you wanted to stay at the JW Marriott Cannes like I just did in May, you would have to redeem 40,000 points per night, since it’s a category 8 hotel. Those 70,000 points earned from the Marriott Rewards Premier bonus wouldn’t even cover two nights, though you’d be getting 1.2 cents per point in value, since room rates at the end of July are about $499 per night.
On the other end of the spectrum, if you were to stay in Category 1 hotels, you could use those points to cover 9 nights of hotel stays, since you’d only need 7,500 points per night (or 6,000 at the PointSavers Reward level).
As with all things points-related, the value of your points depends on what you plan to use them for. If you have some super-expensive Marriott redemptions in mind, this offer is definitely worth jumping on.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees