Marriott Rewards Premier Visa 70,000 points & Free Night
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
While the bonus for the Marriott Rewards Premier Visa from Chase normally sits at 50,000 points, there has been a public offer floating around for 70,000 points (after spending $2,000 within the first 3 months) plus one free night at a category 1-4 property upon approval.
In my monthly valuation of points and miles for July I have Marriott points listed at .7 cents a piece. This means that a 70,000 point sign up bonus is worth about $490, and with the free night upon approval you could get an additional ~$300 in value. On top of that, every year on your account anniversary you’ll receive another free night that can be used at category 1-5 locations.
Redeeming Marriott Points
70,000 points may seem like a large bonus compared to most offers out there right now, but when redeeming your points for hotel stays you’ll need to redeem a lot more points than you would in most other programs.
For example, if you wanted to stay at the JW Marriott Cannes like I just did in May, you would have to redeem 40,000 points per night, since it’s a category 8 hotel. Those 70,000 points earned from the Marriott Rewards Premier bonus wouldn’t even cover two nights, though you’d be getting 1.2 cents per point in value, since room rates at the end of July are about $499 per night.
On the other end of the spectrum, if you were to stay in Category 1 hotels, you could use those points to cover 9 nights of hotel stays, since you’d only need 7,500 points per night (or 6,000 at the PointSavers Reward level).
As with all things points-related, the value of your points depends on what you plan to use them for. If you have some super-expensive Marriott redemptions in mind, this offer is definitely worth jumping on.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.