JetBlue 20% Refund on Award Redemptions Through July 25
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue is running a promotion through this Friday (11:59 pm Eastern time on July 25, to be exact), effectively offering a 20% discount for all award redemptions for travel between September 2 and October 31, 2014. This offer is not a true discount, since you will initially be charged the full price, and the 20% will be credited back to you in 4-6 weeks.
This offer is available for travel either in economy, or in JetBlue’s new Mint Business Class between JFK and LAX. Award flights in Mint start as low as 35,000 points (or sometimes slightly lower), which means you could book a transcontinental business class flight for under 28,000 points this fall.
I checked flights between LAX and JFK for several dates in September and October, and found seats in Mint starting at 34,800 points. With the current promotion, you’d get a refund of 6,960 points, so your total outlay would be just 27,840 points. I normally value JetBlue points in a range of 1-1.3 cents apiece, or up to 1.7 cents apiece when redeeming for seats in Mint, which start at $599. However, in this case you’d be getting well over 2.1 cents apiece, which is excellent value. With this promotion, you should also be able to get more than 1.6 cents each out of JetBlue redemptions in economy.
If you have JetBlue award travel planned for September or October that you haven’t booked yet, this promotion is a no-brainer. Make sure to book by the end of Friday Eastern time to take advantage of the 20% refund.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees