Top Credit Card Offers And Deals Ending This Week
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Miles & More Premier World MasterCard, US Airways Premier World MasterCard, Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express , Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express, Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card
As June comes to a close and we swing into the summer months, many bonuses and promotions are also ending. Here is a round up of the current offers that will no longer be available after June 30, 2014.
Starwood Amex Limited Time Offer: Earn 30,000 points for the personal and business versions, 10,000 after your first purchase and an additional 20,000 when you spend $5,000 within 6 months. The normal sign up offer for this card is 25,000 points, and while an extra 5,000 points may not seem like a monumental increase, I value Starpoints at 2.1 cents apiece, so those 5,000 points provide a nice little bump in value – especially since the annual fee is waived the first year. Here are the full details:
- 30,000 points – 10,000 after your first purchase, and an additional 20,000 when you spend $5,000 within 6 months.
- Get up to 5 Starpoints for every $1 of eligible spend charged directly with Starwood hotels & resorts – that’s 2 Starpoints per dollar spent on the card in addition to the Starpoints you get as a Starwood Preferred Guest member.
- Get 1 Starpoint for every dollar of eligible purchases.
- $65 annual fee, waived for the first year.
50,000 Point Southwest Credit Card Offers: Sign-up bonuses on both the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card and the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card have been increased to 50,000 points. To get the full bonus on any of these cards, you must spend $2,000 within the first 3 months of account opening. Chase periodically runs this higher bonus, but you never know if it will come back again, and it usually only lasts a few weeks each time. My guess is that these offers will return, but possibly not until later in 2014.
50,000 Miles for The Lufthansa Premier Miles and More World Mastercard: The sign-up bonus on this card usually hovers around the 20,000-30,000-mile mark, but with this offer, you get 20,000 miles with your first purchase or balance transfer, as well as the potential to earn 30,000 more bonus miles when you spend $5,000 on purchases within the first 90 days. Here are the full details:
- Earn 20,000 award miles after your first purchase or balance transfer
- Earn an additional 30,000 award miles when you spend $5,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn 2 award miles per $1 on ticket purchases directly from Miles & More integrated airline partners and 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases
- Cardholders receive a companion ticket after first use of the account and annually after each account anniversary
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases made outside the U.S.
- Redeem miles for flight awards and upgrades on Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, SWISS, Star Alliance member airlines and other partners
- $79 Annual Fee
US Airways 100% Share Miles Bonus: Normally with Share Miles promotions, the Dividend Miles member who receives the miles would receive the full bonus, but US Airways decided to change the rules this time around and split the bonus so the sender will get 50% and the recipient will get 50%. The price to share miles also changed and was increased from 1 cent to 1.5 cents per mile. Since you also get hit with a $30 processing fee and a tax recovery charge of 7.5%, you are now buying miles for about 1.7 cents a piece.
SPG’s Earn Away Get Away Summer Promotion: You can register to earn double Starpoints on stays at participating hotels and resorts through July 31, 2014 and triple points on stays that include a Sunday night (Saturday night for hotels in the Middle East). To be eligible for the promotion register by midnight on June 30, 2014. You will be automatically be awarded with double or triple Starpoints for stays that fall within the promotion period of May 1, 2014 – July 31, 2014.
Delta SkyBonus Double Points on Select Routes: Business frequent flyer programs allow businesses to earn points on the itineraries their employees travel while employees still earn miles and points as individuals. Now as a Delta SkyBonus member, you can earn double points for each non-stop Delta-marketed ticket purchased and flown from now until June 30, 2014, on the following select routes:
- Chicago (ORD) to Rome (FCO)
- Dallas (DFW) to Amsterdam (AMS)
- Los Angeles (LAX) to San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO)
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo Haneda (HND)
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Leon, Mexico (BJX)
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Lima, Peru (LIM), Santiago, Chile (SCL), or Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE)
- New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP)
- Newark (EWR) to Paris (CDG)
- San Francisco (SFO) to Paris (CDG)
- Toronto (YYZ) to Paris (CDG)
- Toronto (YYZ) to Amsterdam (AMS)
- Washington D.C (IAD) to Paris (CDG)
Choice Privileges/United Airlines Mileage Plus Triple Miles Promo Extended: MileagePlus members can earn 750 MileagePlus miles for each qualifying stay at any Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria Suites, MainStay Suites, Suburban Extended Stay, Econo Lodge, Rodeway Inn or Ascend Hotel Collection hotel location worldwide.
25% Bonus Avianca LifeMiles For Transfers: LifeMiles is offering up to 25% bonus miles for each mile or point you transfer to LifeMiles from any of their transfer partners. Some partners may also offer an additional bonus. The promotion is valid until June 30, 2014. Each country below has a list of transfer partners:
ANA Platinum Service Campaign: In honor of the new route ANA is launching from from Dusseldorf to Tokyo Narita, they are having a Platinum drive for all members residing in Europe and who register for this promotion. Basically, if you earn 15,000 Premium points from ANA flights between March 30-June 30, 2014, you can receive an ANA Platinum trial for a full 7 months (September 2014 to March 2015). For example, one roundtrip business class ticket (in Z fare class) on the new Dusseldorf-Tokyo route would earn you 15,696 points. ANA Platinum Service includes benefits like a 100% mileage bonus, priority service at the airport and a dedicated customer service center. Register here for this offer by June 30, 2014.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.