Top Credit Card Offers And Deals Ending This Week
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Miles & More Premier World MasterCard, US Airways Premier World MasterCard, Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express , Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express, Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card
As June comes to a close and we swing into the summer months, many bonuses and promotions are also ending. Here is a round up of the current offers that will no longer be available after June 30, 2014.
Starwood Amex Limited Time Offer: Earn 30,000 points for the personal and business versions, 10,000 after your first purchase and an additional 20,000 when you spend $5,000 within 6 months. The normal sign up offer for this card is 25,000 points, and while an extra 5,000 points may not seem like a monumental increase, I value Starpoints at 2.1 cents apiece, so those 5,000 points provide a nice little bump in value – especially since the annual fee is waived the first year. Here are the full details:
- 30,000 points – 10,000 after your first purchase, and an additional 20,000 when you spend $5,000 within 6 months.
- Get up to 5 Starpoints for every $1 of eligible spend charged directly with Starwood hotels & resorts – that’s 2 Starpoints per dollar spent on the card in addition to the Starpoints you get as a Starwood Preferred Guest member.
- Get 1 Starpoint for every dollar of eligible purchases.
- $65 annual fee, waived for the first year.
50,000 Point Southwest Credit Card Offers: Sign-up bonuses on both the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card and the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card have been increased to 50,000 points. To get the full bonus on any of these cards, you must spend $2,000 within the first 3 months of account opening. Chase periodically runs this higher bonus, but you never know if it will come back again, and it usually only lasts a few weeks each time. My guess is that these offers will return, but possibly not until later in 2014.
50,000 Miles for The Lufthansa Premier Miles and More World Mastercard: The sign-up bonus on this card usually hovers around the 20,000-30,000-mile mark, but with this offer, you get 20,000 miles with your first purchase or balance transfer, as well as the potential to earn 30,000 more bonus miles when you spend $5,000 on purchases within the first 90 days. Here are the full details:
- Earn 20,000 award miles after your first purchase or balance transfer
- Earn an additional 30,000 award miles when you spend $5,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn 2 award miles per $1 on ticket purchases directly from Miles & More integrated airline partners and 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases
- Cardholders receive a companion ticket after first use of the account and annually after each account anniversary
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases made outside the U.S.
- Redeem miles for flight awards and upgrades on Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, SWISS, Star Alliance member airlines and other partners
- $79 Annual Fee
US Airways 100% Share Miles Bonus: Normally with Share Miles promotions, the Dividend Miles member who receives the miles would receive the full bonus, but US Airways decided to change the rules this time around and split the bonus so the sender will get 50% and the recipient will get 50%. The price to share miles also changed and was increased from 1 cent to 1.5 cents per mile. Since you also get hit with a $30 processing fee and a tax recovery charge of 7.5%, you are now buying miles for about 1.7 cents a piece.
SPG’s Earn Away Get Away Summer Promotion: You can register to earn double Starpoints on stays at participating hotels and resorts through July 31, 2014 and triple points on stays that include a Sunday night (Saturday night for hotels in the Middle East). To be eligible for the promotion register by midnight on June 30, 2014. You will be automatically be awarded with double or triple Starpoints for stays that fall within the promotion period of May 1, 2014 – July 31, 2014.
Delta SkyBonus Double Points on Select Routes: Business frequent flyer programs allow businesses to earn points on the itineraries their employees travel while employees still earn miles and points as individuals. Now as a Delta SkyBonus member, you can earn double points for each non-stop Delta-marketed ticket purchased and flown from now until June 30, 2014, on the following select routes:
- Chicago (ORD) to Rome (FCO)
- Dallas (DFW) to Amsterdam (AMS)
- Los Angeles (LAX) to San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO)
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo Haneda (HND)
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Leon, Mexico (BJX)
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Lima, Peru (LIM), Santiago, Chile (SCL), or Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE)
- New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP)
- Newark (EWR) to Paris (CDG)
- San Francisco (SFO) to Paris (CDG)
- Toronto (YYZ) to Paris (CDG)
- Toronto (YYZ) to Amsterdam (AMS)
- Washington D.C (IAD) to Paris (CDG)
Choice Privileges/United Airlines Mileage Plus Triple Miles Promo Extended: MileagePlus members can earn 750 MileagePlus miles for each qualifying stay at any Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria Suites, MainStay Suites, Suburban Extended Stay, Econo Lodge, Rodeway Inn or Ascend Hotel Collection hotel location worldwide.
25% Bonus Avianca LifeMiles For Transfers: LifeMiles is offering up to 25% bonus miles for each mile or point you transfer to LifeMiles from any of their transfer partners. Some partners may also offer an additional bonus. The promotion is valid until June 30, 2014. Each country below has a list of transfer partners:
ANA Platinum Service Campaign: In honor of the new route ANA is launching from from Dusseldorf to Tokyo Narita, they are having a Platinum drive for all members residing in Europe and who register for this promotion. Basically, if you earn 15,000 Premium points from ANA flights between March 30-June 30, 2014, you can receive an ANA Platinum trial for a full 7 months (September 2014 to March 2015). For example, one roundtrip business class ticket (in Z fare class) on the new Dusseldorf-Tokyo route would earn you 15,696 points. ANA Platinum Service includes benefits like a 100% mileage bonus, priority service at the airport and a dedicated customer service center. Register here for this offer by June 30, 2014.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees