Don’t Wait Until You’re Retired to go to Alaska
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We are currently in Alaska on an amazing family vacation. One really unique aspect of this trip has been that fellow tourists and locals alike seem to really enjoy talking to each other. It’s sad, but on many trips, we don’t end up coming across many people who just want to chat about their travels. Here we have hardly seen a person who didn’t want to just stop and chat about where they’re going and where they’ve been. It’s different. It’s refreshing. It’s Alaska.
Many of the people we have come across are retired folks who waited their whole lives to take this trip. They saved thousands and waited years. I think that is fantastic, and Alaska is a great spot for those who are retired and can take their times exploring. However, another constant I have encountered is that these retired folks also all seem to say they wish they would have come to Alaska sooner.
My advice is don’t wait until you are retired to go to Alaska. This place is breath-taking, awe inspiring, beautiful, and every other positive adjective you could come up with. Those of us who know about miles, points, and travel deals don’t need to wait a lifetime to come to Alaska. Come again when you are retired, but Alaska is a spot you can also enjoy with a family now. It’s a spot you should enjoy now.
If you like the outdoors, mountains, streams, lakes, then bump Alaska up your “list”. You can thank me later. Actually, don’t thank me. Just send me a picture, and I’ll smile remembering how much we love it here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.