Can I Earn Multiple Signup Bonuses for Southwest Cards?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Chase Southwest credit cards are among the most lucrative deals out there. If you know how to leverage them, the 50,000 Rapid Rewards points earned from each card (after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months) can get you about $800 worth of Wanna Get Away fares, and if you earn one of their prized Companion Passes (which I’ve written about a lot), you can almost double that value.
TPG Reader Nick tweeted me this week asking whether he can earn a second signup bonus for these cards. He got the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus card in the past, canceled it about 6 months ago, and wants to know if he can get it again.
The short answer is no, at least not for the exact same card; that’s generally the rule with Chase. Although I’ve heard of exceptions, Chase won’t give you a new bonus unless the card is tweaked so that it’s in the system as a different product or offer. That said, you have other opportunities.
There are four different Southwest 50,000 mile signup offers out there: personal and business versions of the Plus card (so even though Nick has already had the personal card, he can still get the business version), and personal and business versions of the Premier card. The Premier has a higher $99 annual fee, but you get 6,000 anniversary points every year (versus 3,000 for the Plus card), which covers the majority of the expense. You’re eligible to get the 50,000 point signup bonuses for each of those four different offers.
Chase may not want to give you all four cards, but I do know people who have all four and have raked in the 50,000 mile bonuses. If you plan your signups right, that yield almost 4 years of incredibly valuable Companion Pass travel and thousands of dollars worth of Southwest points. Read more about maximizing Southwest travel and the Chase Southwest cards in the posts linked below.
Maximize Monday: Southwest Companion Pass FAQ And Strategies
Top 11 Ways To Top Up Your Account For The Southwest Companion Pass
Southwest Points vs. Southwest Credits: When Transferring Makes Sense and How to Check Availability
Can I Get Two Southwest Cards In One Day To Qualify For A Companion Pass
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees