Can I Earn Multiple Signup Bonuses for Southwest Cards?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Chase Southwest credit cards are among the most lucrative deals out there. If you know how to leverage them, the 50,000 Rapid Rewards points earned from each card (after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months) can get you about $800 worth of Wanna Get Away fares, and if you earn one of their prized Companion Passes (which I’ve written about a lot), you can almost double that value.
TPG Reader Nick tweeted me this week asking whether he can earn a second signup bonus for these cards. He got the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus card in the past, canceled it about 6 months ago, and wants to know if he can get it again.
The short answer is no, at least not for the exact same card; that’s generally the rule with Chase. Although I’ve heard of exceptions, Chase won’t give you a new bonus unless the card is tweaked so that it’s in the system as a different product or offer. That said, you have other opportunities.
There are four different Southwest 50,000 mile signup offers out there: personal and business versions of the Plus card (so even though Nick has already had the personal card, he can still get the business version), and personal and business versions of the Premier card. The Premier has a higher $99 annual fee, but you get 6,000 anniversary points every year (versus 3,000 for the Plus card), which covers the majority of the expense. You’re eligible to get the 50,000 point signup bonuses for each of those four different offers.
Chase may not want to give you all four cards, but I do know people who have all four and have raked in the 50,000 mile bonuses. If you plan your signups right, that yield almost 4 years of incredibly valuable Companion Pass travel and thousands of dollars worth of Southwest points. Read more about maximizing Southwest travel and the Chase Southwest cards in the posts linked below.
Maximize Monday: Southwest Companion Pass FAQ And Strategies
Top 11 Ways To Top Up Your Account For The Southwest Companion Pass
Southwest Points vs. Southwest Credits: When Transferring Makes Sense and How to Check Availability
Can I Get Two Southwest Cards In One Day To Qualify For A Companion Pass
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees