This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard.
With the recent upgrades to the Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard, cardholders will receive a bevy of new benefits. We researched the ones specific to the World Elite Mastercard (versus the previous World MasterCard) and found a few gems. Read on and see which of the added benefits can add a dash of luxury or convenience to your next trip!
Free Business Class Companion Ticket on Aeromexico
Cardholders can get a free Business Class companion ticket on Aeromexico flights when buying a roundtrip full-fare Premier Plus Business Class ticket with your World Elite Mastercard. Premier Plus fares are sometimes twice as expensive as Premier fares, which renders the discount moot, but Premier Plus fares earn greater mileage, and are fully changeable and refundable with no charge. On itineraries where the two fare classes are closer in price, this benefit offers clear value. Flights must originate from specific gateways in the USA and Canada, and end in specific gateways in Central and South America. This benefit is available through March 31, 2015. Other stipulations apply; full details are available on the World Elite travel benefit page for this promotion.
Discounts, upgrades and more at premium hotel properties
Pay with your World Elite Mastercard and receive access to the Mastercard Luxury Hotels and Resorts Portfolio, which offers benefits such as room upgrades, free breakfast, food/beverage credits, early check-in/late check-out, and more at several hundred 4 and 5 star properties worldwide. The list of participating properties is impressive, including the Andaz 5th Ave in New York, Kowloon Shangri-la in Hong Kong, Mystique in Santorini, and an array of Intercontinental, Omni, Park Hyatt and Radisson properties. Peruse the full list for some great daydream material. The downside is that you have to book by phone, which means you might not be getting the best rate. Be sure to check rates online for comparison before booking.
World Elite Air Program: upgrades and up to 30% off airfare
Receive discounts and upgrades on economy, business and first class fares on carriers such as Aerlingus, Aeromexico, Cathay Pacific, Etihad, LAN, Lufthansa, Virgin Atlantic and more. Each airline offers a unique benefit, so check the Air Program page for more details. Highlights include 20-30% off LAN business class from the USA to South America, and complimentary upgrades from full economy to business class on Lufthansa between the USA and Europe. Fares must be booked with your World Elite Mastercard through Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT). As with the hotel deals, be sure to compare prices online before booking with CWT.
For more World Elite benefits, including rental car discounts and elite status, airport concierge services and more, check out the complete list on the World Elite benefits website.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees