This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue is offering a hearty discount of up to 30% on award redemptions through the end of today, May 14. To take part, simply redeem your TrueBlue points for an award flight by 11:59 pm EST for itineraries taking place between May 27 and June 27, 2014. The prices you’ll see at redemption will reflect the 20% discount. Cardholders of the JetBlue card from American Express will receive an extra 10% discount in the form of refunded TrueBlue points after travel is complete (provided that travel is redeemed from the account affiliated with the Amex card).
A JetBlue award flight that normally requires 20,000 TrueBlue points costs only 16,000 with this promotion. Those points can be had with a transfer of 20,000 Membership Rewards points (instead of the 24,000 that would ordinarily be required). Note that fares are not discounted below 5,000 points, so JetBlue’s cheapest flights won’t be any cheaper with this promotion.
For those who can take advantage of the extra 10% discount, the transfer amount remains the same, but you’ll be credited with 10% of the redemption cost in TrueBlue points after your itinerary is complete. That’s a nice bonus, especially since TrueBlue points don’t expire.
If you have travel plans during the promotional window, it’s worth checking out your options on JetBlue today to see if you can snag a bargain award fare. Membership Rewards points transfer instantly to JetBlue, so if you have some extra in the bank, this promotion offers a great opportunity to use them!
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.