This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue is offering a hearty discount of up to 30% on award redemptions through the end of today, May 14. To take part, simply redeem your TrueBlue points for an award flight by 11:59 pm EST for itineraries taking place between May 27 and June 27, 2014. The prices you’ll see at redemption will reflect the 20% discount. Cardholders of the JetBlue card from American Express will receive an extra 10% discount in the form of refunded TrueBlue points after travel is complete (provided that travel is redeemed from the account affiliated with the Amex card).
A JetBlue award flight that normally requires 20,000 TrueBlue points costs only 16,000 with this promotion. Those points can be had with a transfer of 20,000 Membership Rewards points (instead of the 24,000 that would ordinarily be required). Note that fares are not discounted below 5,000 points, so JetBlue’s cheapest flights won’t be any cheaper with this promotion.
For those who can take advantage of the extra 10% discount, the transfer amount remains the same, but you’ll be credited with 10% of the redemption cost in TrueBlue points after your itinerary is complete. That’s a nice bonus, especially since TrueBlue points don’t expire.
If you have travel plans during the promotional window, it’s worth checking out your options on JetBlue today to see if you can snag a bargain award fare. Membership Rewards points transfer instantly to JetBlue, so if you have some extra in the bank, this promotion offers a great opportunity to use them!
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees