Travel Giveaway: $440 Airline Gift Certificate
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard
Yesterday I wrote about the newest product from Barclaycard called the Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard which replaces the Arrival World Mastercard. The new card has the same features as its predecessor, plus a few added and extended benefits to make the new card even more attractive. The card features the EMV Chip + PIN technology that I wrote about this morning. One of the best perks of the card are expanded travel statement credit redemption options which include buses, timeshares, and campground. Not to mention it’s a nice looking facelift to the card itself.
So to celebrate these expanded categories, for today’s reader giveaway, we want to offer $440 in gift certificates to the airline of your choice from the following options:
- American Airlines
- Alaska Airways
- Virgin America
The signup bonus for the Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard is 40,000 bonus miles, which is equivalent to $440 when redeemed for travel. Getting this card is already like a $440 credit in your wallet, so I want to tell you what you would use this $440 gift certificate for. Perhaps to fly to Seattle, like I did last week on Alaska Airlines? Maybe you’ve been wanting to visit the Smithsonian in DC to see Julia Child’s Kitchen?
How To Enter
- Comment on this post and let me know how you would use your winnings. Where you would go? What airline would you choose?
- Post your comment to this post by 5 p.m. ET Monday, May 19th to be eligible.
- You can only enter once.
- The winner will be chosen at random and announced in next Thursday’s giveaway post.
- The winner will have five days to respond to our email getting your contact information (we get email information from the Disqus commenting system).
Last Week’s Winner
And the Winners of Last Week’s Prize of a Bally Wallet Is…
We asked our Twitter followers to utilize the TPG Maximizer –an all new tool that takes our expert points knowledge, the best sign-up offers, and big data to recommend the best new card for you. We got a lot of great entries and the random winner is @jpoysti’s, who had the Chase Sapphire Preferred card recommended to him by the TPG Maximizer.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.