Saturday Recap: United MileagePlus Bonus Miles Through Rocketmiles, 3X Airline Miles For Hyatt Stays, 500 True Blue Points With Zipcar & More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s a recap of the interesting points and miles news from the week:
Rocketmiles Offers United MileagePlus Bonus Miles: Rocketmiles has a new United MileagePlus member offer for 3,000 OR 5,000 bonus miles for the first hotel booking made by May 31, 2014, and completed by December 31, 2014. One offer is for 3,000 bonus miles for a one/two night stay, or 5,000 bonus miles for a stay of three consecutive nights or more. Note that these two offers are separate and you must choose between them. Limit one per customer.
Choice Privileges/United Airlines Mileage Plus Triple Miles Promo Extended: United Airlines’ MileagePlus member triple miles promo (250 base + 500 bonus) has been extended until June 30, 2014. MileagePlus members can earn 750 MileagePlus miles for each qualifying stay at any Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria Suites, MainStay Suites, Suburban Extended Stay, Econo Lodge, Rodeway Inn or Ascend Hotel Collection hotel location worldwide.
Hyatt Andaz Peninsula Papagayo Drops From Category 6 To Category 4: The Hyatt Andaz Peninsula Papagayo hotel opened at the end of 2013 as a Category 6 Hyatt hotel, meaning it would cost approximately 25,000 points per night or 12,500 points plus $150 per night if you go the the cash and points route. However, it has now been lowered to a Category 4 hotel meaning it’s only 15,000 Hyatt points per night or 7,500 points plus $100 for the cash and points option. When TPG stayed at (and reviewed) this hotel for New Years Eve 2014 was still a Category 6 property.
Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Offers 50% Off SilkAir Redemptions: Singapore Airlines is offering a 50% discount when you redeem KrisFlyer miles on their subsidiary SilkAir. The promotion is valid for bookings made through May 25, 2014, and for travel through September 30, 2014. Remember, KrisFlyer is an Amex Rewards Transfer partner so if you’d like to take advantage of this promotion you can move your Amex Rewards points into your KrisFlyer account.
Reminder: Earn Triple Airline Miles For Hyatt Stays: Between May 1-August 31, 2014, Hyatt Gold Passport members can earn triple miles (instead of hotel points) with eight of the program’s airline partners including American and United after their second stay. During the Promotion Period, complete two eligible stays at any participating Park Hyatt, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Ziva, Hyatt Zilara or Hyatt Residence Club hotel and resort worldwide. Beginning with your second eligible stay, you will earn 1,000 bonus miles for every eligible stay, up to your fifteenth eligible stay. Bonus miles are not awarded on your first eligiblesStay so you can earn bonus miles on up to fourteen eligible stays. Bonus miles are awarded in addition to the 500 base miles you can earn for each eligible stay. These miles are cumulative. A maximum of 7,500 base miles and 14,000 bonus miles may be earned during Promotion Period. Remember that to earn miles with your stay, you need to give your frequent flyer number at check-in for eligible stays.
Get 500 TrueBlue Points For Joining Zip Car: You can earn 500 TrueBlue bonus points from JetBlue by joining Zip Car. TrueBlue members join for $85 ($60 annual fee + $25 one-time application fee) and get $50 in free driving credit, plus the bonus points. Mosaic members will receive 1,000 TrueBlue points. This offer is for first time members only, and you must enter your True Blue number at the time of joining. The promotion is not specifying an expiration date, but join soon to ensure you will get your bonus points.
Qatar Debuts A380 Service June 17 To LHR: Qatar will launch A380 service starting June 17, 2014 on the Doha/London Heathrow route. The new First Class A380 seat features a 90-inch seat pitch and transforms into a fully flat bed, with an extensive choice of entertainment options on individual 26-inch television screens. So start banking your Oneworld miles for an award ticket!
US Airways Brings Back 100% Bonus On Purchased Miles: You can earn up to 100% bonus miles (with a maximum of 50,000 bonus miles) for purchasing US Airways Miles by May 25, 2014. If you purchase 10,000-19,000 miles, you just get a 50% bonus, and if you purchase 20,000-29,000 miles, you get a 75% bonus, and if you purchase 30,000-50,000 you get the full 100% bonus. Miles normally cost normally cost 3.5 cents each, plus a 7.5% tax, so this is an excellent deal especially if you choose to purchase 50,000, taking the cost down to just under 1.9 cents per mile.
Get 1,000 Bonus Miles On Any Hotel Booking in Hawaii from Rocketmiles: Get 1,000 bonus miles on any hotel booking in Hawaii if you book by May 5, 2014. You must complete your stay before August 31, 2014. This offer cannot be combined with any other offers and there is a limit of one per person.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.