Saturday Recap: Bonuses On Purchasing AAdvantage and Alaska Miles, 5,000 Mile Bonus From Rocketmiles, Etihad Offers 3X Miles & More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s a recap of the interesting points and miles news from the week:
Rocketmiles Offers 5,000 Bonus Miles For 3+ Night Stays In Mexico: You can earn 5,000 bonus miles by booking a stay of three nights or longer on Rocketmiles for hotels in Mexico. You must book by May 12 and check out by August 31, 2014. You must stay for three consecutive nights to get the bonus, and the limit is one per customer. The offer is valid for both new and existing Rocketmiles customers.
Targeted Marriott Rewards Getaway Bonus Points Promotion: Targeted customers can earn up to 25,000 bonus points with the Marriott Rewards Getaway promotion. You must register by July 31, 2014, and then on stays from June 1-August 31, 2014 you can earn double points after your second paid stay, with a maximum of 25,000 bonus points. A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel. Other options for bonus points with this promotion are:
- 25,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights plus another 10,000 points after 20 paid nights for a total bonus of 35,000 points.
- 20,000 bonus points after 12 paid nights plus another 10,000 points after 18 paid nights for a total bonus of 30,000 points.
- 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus another 10,000 points after 25 paid nights for a total bonus of 45,000 points.
This promotion first appeared in targeted emails, but it seems that some can register for the offer on the website here.
British Airways Launches New Videos And Offers Sale For Its ‘Visit Mum’ Campaign: After British Airways had major success last year with touching ad campaign featuring a young man, Ratnesh, visiting his mother in India, “A Ticket To Visit Mum“, they have now launched another video ‘Visit Mum‘, which three more videos coming soon. The videos feature some ‘mums’ speaking and telling heartfelt stories about their sons. British Airways will support the campaign to get people get home to ‘visit mums’ by having flights from the US to India on sale until May 22, 2014.
Up To 20% Bonus Points For Purchasing Hyatt Gold Passport Points: Hyatt Gold Passport is offering tiered bonuses of up to 20% on the purchase of points. The bonuses are tiered with amounts below:
- Purchase 1,000 to 19,000 points and receive a 10% bonus
- Purchase 20,000 to 29,000 points and receive a 15% bonus
- Purchase 30,000 to 40,000 points and receive a 20% bonus
This offer is valid until June 1, 2014. You may purchase Hyatt Gold Passport points in increments of 1,000 with a maximum of 40,000 points per calendar year.
Up To 30% Bonus Miles For Purchasing AAdvantage Miles: American Airlines is offering tiered bonuses (up to 30%) on the purchase of AAdvantage miles until June 13, 2014. The bonus amounts are as follows:
- Purchase 15,000-29,000 miles and receive a bonus of 3,000 miles
- Purchase 30,000-44,000 miles and receive a bonus of 7,500 miles
- Purchase 45,000-59,000 miles and receive a bonus of 13,500 miles
- Purchase 60,000+ miles and receive a bonus of 18,000 miles
Note that AAdvantage accounts have to be least 14 days old to take advantage of this promotion, and points purchases are processed by points.com, meaning they don’t qualify as airfare spending for credit cards.
Up To 35% Bonus For Purchasing Alaska Miles: Alaska Airlines is offering a tiered bonus of up to 35% for purchasing miles by May 25, 2014. The bonus amounts are as follows:
- Purchase 5,000-19,000 miles and receive a 20% bonus
- Purchase 20,000-34,000 miles and receive a 30% bonus
- Purchase 35,000-40,000 miles and receive a 35% bonus
You can buy up to 40,000 miles per transaction, but you can make as many transactions as you like-there’s no limit to the number of miles that Alaska will sell you, or to the number of bonus miles you can earn with this promotion. Points purchases are processed by points.com, meaning they don’t qualify as airfare spending for credit cards.
Etihad Guest Offers Double/Triple Miles For Flights In Business/First Class: Earn double miles flying Etihad Business class or triple miles flying Etihad First class. Tickets must be booked by May 30, 2014, and travel must take place before June 30, 2014. Bonus miles are offered only on Etihad operated flights and not on redemption flights. The bonus miles earned will be Etihad Guest Miles and not tier Miles, and will be credited for every eligible flight flown during the promotion period.
Get 5,000 Bonus Points At The New Park Hyatt Vienna: To celebrate the June 2, 2014 opening of the new Park Hyatt Vienna, Hyatt is offering 5,000 bonus points per two night stay at the hotel between June 2-August 31, 2014. The new hotel will have 143 guest rooms, The Bank Restaurant, two bars and the Arany Spa, plus a fitness center and indoor swimming pool. Make sure to enter the promo code “VIENNA” when booking. You can earn this bonus an unlimited number of times, but only once per stay. Book by August 30, 2014.
Qantas Launching New A380 Route Sydney-Dallas/ Fort Worth: Qantas will launch A380 service to DFW starting September 29, 2014. This will be the longest A380 route in the world, and tickets will go on sale May 14, 2014 for this route. The service will operate six times per week (daily except for Tuesdays), and will replace the daily 747-400 service currently offered on that route.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.