Club Carlson Double And Triple Points At Asia Pacific Hotels Through August 31
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hotel rewards program Club Carlson has just announced a “Blockbuster Bonus” promotion offering double and triple Gold Points for stays at Carlson Rezidor properties in the Asia Pacific region between now and August 31, 2014.
Instead of the usual 20 Gold Points per dollar you earn on Club Carlson stays, this promo will earn you double points on one-night stays (40 Gold Points per dollar) and triple points on stays of two or more nights (60 Gold Points per dollar). There’s no limit on the number of bonus points you can earn during the promo period, but you’re only allowed to earn a maximum of 100,000 points per individual hotel stay. Points + Cash stays are not eligible, and you must register prior to checkout of your first stay.
Club Carlson’s elite members will earn even more points with this Blockbuster Bonus. Gold members earn an additional 7 points per dollar spent (a 35% bonus on base points), and for Concierge members, it’s an additional 15 points per dollar spent. There aren’t any shortcuts to Concierge status, but you’ll get automatic Gold status as a perk of the Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card, and you’ll earn an additional 10 points per dollar if you use the card to pay for the hotel stay. Be aware, though, that this card does incur a 3% foreign transaction fee.
If you sign up for the Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card, claim your Gold status and your earning is up to 67 points per dollar potentially. Then if you use the card for your Asia-Pacific hotel stay, you’ll earn up to 77 points per dollar spent. At this rate, you’d have to spend less than $650 to earn 50,000 Gold Points, enough for an award night at a top-tier property.
Carlson Rezidor doesn’t have a lot of world-class properties in the Asia Pacific region, but its hotels include the new Radisson Blu Plaza Bangkok (starting at $112US a night), the Radisson Blu Plaza Resort on Phuket ($), the Radisson Hotel Narita near Tokyo, Japan (starting at $93US a night) and the Radisson Blu Shanghai New World (which starts at $130US a night). In addition to other properties in China and Thailand, Radisson and Radisson Blu hotels are found in Fiji, India, the Philippines, Korea and more.
Registration for the Blockbuster Bonus is required prior to checkout of the first eligible stay at Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson and Country Inns & Suites By Carlson hotels in Asia Pacific. Note that Carlson’s Points + Cash stays and award stays are excluded from this promotion.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.