A Reminder on Passport and Visa Requirements for International Travel
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TPG reader Adam wants to make sure I – and you all, as well – know something important about passports:
“@thepointsguy: Are you aware that if your passport is set to expire within three months of your return date from a trip, you won’t be allowed entry to EU countries?
In fact, in many cases, your passport needs to be valid for at least six months after your entry or departure date from a country in order to be permitted entry. In addition, you need to have at least one empty visa page in your passport so that you can receive a foreign country’s entry stamp.
Whenever traveling internationally – especially when visiting far-flung locations that require long flights – it’s very important to make sure you know exactly what the entry and exit requirements and fees are for your destination(s). Check out the Traveler’s Checklist on the U.S. State Department’s website, and then confirm that you have all your visas in order, that your passport is valid, and that you have those open pages. After all, you don’t want to get off the plane in a foreign country and have to get right back on…and go home!
Personally, I use Allied Passport & Visa for all my visas, passport renewals and processing. They’re fast, reliable, knowledgeable – and they run discounts. I appreciate having them in my corner for expert information whenever I’m unsure about what’s required to enter or leave a country – because I like to travel and return home on a planned schedule.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees