This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi Prestige Card, Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
Last Saturday, the day American Express The Platinum Card from American Express and The Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN cardholders had been dreading finally arrived – as of March 22, 2014, their cards would no longer include the benefit of American Airlines Admirals Club lounge access (nor US Airways Club access). Now the only cards that will get you into the Admirals Club are the Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard (which comes with full Admirals Club membership) and more recently, the Citi Prestige, which just added Admirals Club access (not membership though) to its benefits.
Now that the Amex Platinum cardholder exclusion has begun, we at TPG wanted to soften the blow by giving away two Admirals Club Lounge Passes to our readers. Are you an Amex cardholder who feels slighted? Or had you been considering the card but decided not to get it because of the lounge restrictions?
If so, comment on this post or on our Facebook page about what you’ll miss most about your visit to the Admirals Club and why you want a pass to visit again. Enter by by 5pm ET on Monday, March 31 to be eligible. You can only enter once per medium. The winners will be chosen at random and announced next week.
And the Winners of Last Week’s Prize of 20,000 Miles to celebrate 20,000 Facebook ‘Likes’ is….
Last week we asked our loyal readers to help us get past the 20,000 ‘like’ mark on Facebook and we would give one lucky reader 20,000 bonus airline miles to their program of choice to celebrate. We asked you to like the post and share it by telling us what was still on your all-time travel destination bucket list, and how you would spend the miles. We received many entries, but we could only choose one winner, so the lucky recipient is our Facebook fan Rob D. who said:
“I would love to be able to visit the Tate museum in London. These extra points from The Points Guy would help me get there!”
Congrats Rob D., the Tate is one of my favorite museums and I hope you get the opportunity to visit by using your miles! Thanks to all who entered and good luck with this week’s giveaway.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees