New IHG PointBreaks List Out Tomorrow – March 24 - May 31 Award Nights For 5,000 Points
IHG Rewards PointBreaks are reduced-level award redemptions at IHGhotels (Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Indigo, Holiday Inn, etc.) that require just 5,000 points for a free night and change every two months. The current list can be found here, and IHG has just announced that the next list for stays from March 24-May 31 will be released on Monday. However, IHG members can get a sneak preview tomorrow on the IHG Community Forum. So be sure to check it tomorrow and start preparing your stays since availability tends to go fast.
Though the full list will be out tomorrow, here is a sampling of the more than 150 properties that will be featured:
- InterContinental Hotel - Marine Drive Mumbai, India
- InterContinental Hotel - Medellin, Colombia
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Beijing Zhongguancun, China
- Holiday Inn Hotel San Diego - North Miramar, California, U.S.
- Holiday Inn Express Madrid - Alcorcon, Spain
- Staybridge Suites Salt Lake - West Valley City, Utah, U.S.
- Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, New York, U.S.
Depending on the hotel at which you redeem them, 5,000 points can be a pretty great value, especially for Intercontinental properties, which normally require between 30,000-50,000 points, and Hotel Indigos and Crowne Plazas, which usually require 20,000-50,000 points depending on their category.
The list of PointBreak properties is usually pretty random, and there tend to be a lot more lower-end properties, but keep track of them because you never know when you might be in one of these offbeat destinations. It looks like there might be some interesting ones this time around like the Intercon in Mumbai, and those are the ones that tend to go fast, so be sure to study the list and make your bookings early.