1,000 Bonus Miles for New American Airlines LaGuardia LGA Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If playing American’s Passport Challenge got you jonesing for more bonus American miles, the airline is offering airport-specific bonuses for its new flights out of LaGuardia. Even though LaGuardia can be a nightmare at times, it is scheduled to get a $3.6-billion renovation. Here’s the promo.
When you book a roundtrip on American Eagle between LaGuardia and the airporst listed below from April 1 – June 30, 2014, you’ll earn 1,000 bonus miles every time you fly.
Here are the cities:
- Charlottesville Albemarle, VA (CHO)
- Dayton, OH (DAY)
- Greensboro/High Point/Winston-Salem, NC (GSO)
- Knoxville, TN (TYS)
- Little Rock, AR (LIT)
- Louisville, KY (SDF)
- Norfolk, VA (ORF)
- Richmond, VA (RIC)
- Roanoke, VA (ROA)
- Wilmington, NC (ILM)
Just be sure to register prior to travel with the promo code: LGA1K
As part of American’s and US Airways’ merger settlement with the Department of Justice, American agreed to divest 17 slot pairs at New York LaGuardia Airport (LGA), which the airline cut daily roundtrip flights from LGA to Atlanta, Cleveland and Minneapolis – three Delta strongholds – which it plans to offset with these 10 new routes. The impact on competition on these routes still isn’t clear, but hopefully more flights and options will keep fares competitive, and in the meantime Southeast flyers can earn some bonus miles over the coming months.
Just as a reminder, American Airlines also launched a new daily flight from Los Angeles to Sao Paulo in December, and you can earn up to 15,000 bonus miles by flying roundtrip in business/first, 10,000 miles in full-fare economy and 5,000 miles in economy through April 15. The airline is also offering similar bonuses for flying its new A321T transcontinental service between JFK-LAX through March 31, and JFK-SFO through May 31.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.