1,000 Bonus Miles for New American Airlines LaGuardia LGA Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If playing American’s Passport Challenge got you jonesing for more bonus American miles, the airline is offering airport-specific bonuses for its new flights out of LaGuardia. Even though LaGuardia can be a nightmare at times, it is scheduled to get a $3.6-billion renovation. Here’s the promo.
When you book a roundtrip on American Eagle between LaGuardia and the airporst listed below from April 1 – June 30, 2014, you’ll earn 1,000 bonus miles every time you fly.
Here are the cities:
- Charlottesville Albemarle, VA (CHO)
- Dayton, OH (DAY)
- Greensboro/High Point/Winston-Salem, NC (GSO)
- Knoxville, TN (TYS)
- Little Rock, AR (LIT)
- Louisville, KY (SDF)
- Norfolk, VA (ORF)
- Richmond, VA (RIC)
- Roanoke, VA (ROA)
- Wilmington, NC (ILM)
Just be sure to register prior to travel with the promo code: LGA1K
As part of American’s and US Airways’ merger settlement with the Department of Justice, American agreed to divest 17 slot pairs at New York LaGuardia Airport (LGA), which the airline cut daily roundtrip flights from LGA to Atlanta, Cleveland and Minneapolis – three Delta strongholds – which it plans to offset with these 10 new routes. The impact on competition on these routes still isn’t clear, but hopefully more flights and options will keep fares competitive, and in the meantime Southeast flyers can earn some bonus miles over the coming months.
Just as a reminder, American Airlines also launched a new daily flight from Los Angeles to Sao Paulo in December, and you can earn up to 15,000 bonus miles by flying roundtrip in business/first, 10,000 miles in full-fare economy and 5,000 miles in economy through April 15. The airline is also offering similar bonuses for flying its new A321T transcontinental service between JFK-LAX through March 31, and JFK-SFO through May 31.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees