JetBlue Double Base Points Now Through March 3 – Faster Elite Status
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue is offering double base points for flights purchased and flown between now and March 3, 2014. That means instead of the usual 3X points per $1 you earn on JetBlue fares, you’ll earn 6X points. Base points count toward qualifying for Mosaic, the airline’s elite-status-ish program, so that means you’ll only have to spend half as much to earn the same amount of points you normally would.
You must register prior to booking qualifying travel, and unfortunately, all travel booked prior to this offer (or previous travel that you change after registering) will not earn double points – only those flights purchased and booked during the promotion period.
In terms of Mosaic, you normally have to earn 15,000 base points or flown 30 segments, and have accrued at least 12,000 base points within a calendar year. So instead of overall spending of $5,000, you could do it for $2,500 with this promo, and your calendar year spend (if you have a lot of flying coming up in the promo period) would only have to be $2,000 instead of the $4,000 you would normally need to spend to earn the calendar-year 12,000-point requirement.
While I won’t be changing my flying habits (though I do still want to try out JetBlue’s new Mint business class service when it debuts in June), for your JetBlue flyers, this could be a good way to get ahead on your 2014 Mosaic qualification – and the rest of us can dare to hope that the airline’s competitors will come out with similar double EQM promos in the near future as well!
For more information on Mosaic, check out this post. And in the meantime, here are the rest of the terms and conditions:
Double Base Point Offer Terms: *You must register for this promotion prior to booking eligible travel. Offer valid only for JetBlue flights (one-way or roundtrip) that are purchased and flown between now and 3/3/14. TrueBlue number must be entered at time of booking. New bookings only. TrueBlue members generally earn three (3) points per dollar spent on their individual JetBlue flight as the base TrueBlue point offer. Double Base Points are awarded on the base TrueBlue point offer, meaning that Members qualifying for this offer will earn six (6) TrueBlue points per dollar spent on their individual flight, and these six (6) points per dollar will count as “base flight points” for purposes of earning TrueBlue Mosaic. Points will be earned on the base fare of the flight only. Points will not be earned on government taxes/fees, travel insurance or other fees or charges (e.g., change/cancel fees, etc.). Offer not valid for previously booked flights or changes to a previously-booked flight. In the event you cancel your reservation, you will not receive any TrueBlue points from that reservation; in the event that you change your reservation so that it no longer complies with the terms of this offer, you will not receive any Double Base Points; any points already awarded for canceled or changed reservations will be debited from your TrueBlue account. Offer does not apply to non-revenue travel (e.g., travel booked with a travel certificate, TrueBlue award flights, etc.); is not valid in connection with other routes, partner or codeshare or interline flights, Getaways vacation packages, cruises or any other product or service; may not be combined with other special offers; is not redeemable for cash; and has no cash value. TrueBlue account must be in good standing. All deadlines based on Eastern Standard Time. Please allow 4-6 weeks after the promotion period ends on 3/3/14 for Double Base Points to be posted to your TrueBlue account, but note that they will count towards the number of base flight points you earned in 2014 for purposes of Mosaic status. Additional restrictions apply. See Terms and Conditions for details.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.