JetBlue Double Base Points Now Through March 3 – Faster Elite Status
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue is offering double base points for flights purchased and flown between now and March 3, 2014. That means instead of the usual 3X points per $1 you earn on JetBlue fares, you’ll earn 6X points. Base points count toward qualifying for Mosaic, the airline’s elite-status-ish program, so that means you’ll only have to spend half as much to earn the same amount of points you normally would.
You must register prior to booking qualifying travel, and unfortunately, all travel booked prior to this offer (or previous travel that you change after registering) will not earn double points – only those flights purchased and booked during the promotion period.
In terms of Mosaic, you normally have to earn 15,000 base points or flown 30 segments, and have accrued at least 12,000 base points within a calendar year. So instead of overall spending of $5,000, you could do it for $2,500 with this promo, and your calendar year spend (if you have a lot of flying coming up in the promo period) would only have to be $2,000 instead of the $4,000 you would normally need to spend to earn the calendar-year 12,000-point requirement.
While I won’t be changing my flying habits (though I do still want to try out JetBlue’s new Mint business class service when it debuts in June), for your JetBlue flyers, this could be a good way to get ahead on your 2014 Mosaic qualification – and the rest of us can dare to hope that the airline’s competitors will come out with similar double EQM promos in the near future as well!
For more information on Mosaic, check out this post. And in the meantime, here are the rest of the terms and conditions:
Double Base Point Offer Terms: *You must register for this promotion prior to booking eligible travel. Offer valid only for JetBlue flights (one-way or roundtrip) that are purchased and flown between now and 3/3/14. TrueBlue number must be entered at time of booking. New bookings only. TrueBlue members generally earn three (3) points per dollar spent on their individual JetBlue flight as the base TrueBlue point offer. Double Base Points are awarded on the base TrueBlue point offer, meaning that Members qualifying for this offer will earn six (6) TrueBlue points per dollar spent on their individual flight, and these six (6) points per dollar will count as “base flight points” for purposes of earning TrueBlue Mosaic. Points will be earned on the base fare of the flight only. Points will not be earned on government taxes/fees, travel insurance or other fees or charges (e.g., change/cancel fees, etc.). Offer not valid for previously booked flights or changes to a previously-booked flight. In the event you cancel your reservation, you will not receive any TrueBlue points from that reservation; in the event that you change your reservation so that it no longer complies with the terms of this offer, you will not receive any Double Base Points; any points already awarded for canceled or changed reservations will be debited from your TrueBlue account. Offer does not apply to non-revenue travel (e.g., travel booked with a travel certificate, TrueBlue award flights, etc.); is not valid in connection with other routes, partner or codeshare or interline flights, Getaways vacation packages, cruises or any other product or service; may not be combined with other special offers; is not redeemable for cash; and has no cash value. TrueBlue account must be in good standing. All deadlines based on Eastern Standard Time. Please allow 4-6 weeks after the promotion period ends on 3/3/14 for Double Base Points to be posted to your TrueBlue account, but note that they will count towards the number of base flight points you earned in 2014 for purposes of Mosaic status. Additional restrictions apply. See Terms and Conditions for details.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees