Hilton HHonors Launches Weekend Rewards Promotion February-April 2014
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hilton HHonors has just opened registration of its first 2014 promotion. The “Weekend Rewards” promo runs February 1 – April 30, 2014. Members will earn 1,000 bonus points for every night they stay and an additional 5,000 bonus points for every weekend stay of two nights or more for a total potential of 9,000 points per “long weekend” – so apparently 4 nights is considered a weekend by Hilton!
Per the rest of the T&C, the offer is valid for eligible stays completed between February 1, 2014 and April 30, 2014 at any participating hotel or resort in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio. To qualify for the bonus, you must first register for the promo prior to check-out of your stay within the promo period (so previously booked stays should count, you just have to register prior to check-out). Bonus points will only be awarded for portions of stays within the promo period.
With this promo, “weekends” are defined as Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Bonus points do not count toward elite status qualification.
As usual, there is a list of hotels that have chosen to not participate including resorts like the Hilton Torrey Pines in La Jolla, CA, and the Hilton Queenstown in New Zealand among about 300 others.
I think this is another lackluster promo on Hilton’s part. Sure travelers who max it out with every weekend stay possible can be looking at a potential total of over 100,000 points – but that’s barely one free night at a top-tier property these days and it’s definitely not tempting enough for me to book stays with them instead of my go-to’s of Starwood and Hyatt.
As a reminder here are the other hotel promos going on this first quarter of 2014:
Club Carlson: Stay 3 nights get one free (38,000 points). Stay between January 6 – April 13.
Hyatt: Earn either a free night in a Category 1-4 hotel after every 5 paid nights up to 4 free nights, or earn up to 50,000 bonus points (you have to stay 20 nights to do so) in increments of: 5 Nights = 5,000 bonus points, 10 Nights + 10,000 Points = 15,000 total promotion bonus points, 15 Nights + 15,000 Points = 30,000 total promotion bonus points, 20 Nights + 20,000 Points = 50,000 total promotion bonus points. Runs January 15 – April 30.
IHG Rewards: “Big Win” promo running through April 30, 2014. Awards vary and include free nights and bonus points.
Marriott: Megabonus offer varies member to member, but the main one is earn one free night at a Category 1-4 hotel after every 2 paid stays up to 2 free nights. Register by March 31, stay between February 1 – April 30.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.